Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Nimiq 1

Another BEV price increase?

NIce one.....lol

I forgot your appointment......lol

Bunkhouse

Getting very tempted to go gray market. With the canadien dollar so strong and many retailers adjusting their prices it would be nice if Bell followed suit.

haystack

dj you are right about the equipment they knowing sell the 6141 that cant even change channels properly, (wonder if I can find my old Jerold box?)
    Asking for more at this time is a shameful.

Ex Agent EV

673 for Rogers clients
    123 (SD) and 863 (HD) for Express Vu client's

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will be calling and reduce my programming to offset the increase. Sorry teachers no more money from me.

Boavista

thats right jeffer, about 20 minutes after i got last months bill i called bell and cancelled Leafs tv. 3 bucks a month for that crap!? are you kidding me!! I'd rather listen to the leafs tv broadcast on my XM Radio.

Lindsay649

Rogers phoned last night with their monthly offer. Give up a thousand dollars worth of Evu equipment for a year's free rental. Not worth it. Not interested. Still have not received any notification of a price increase.

Nemnoch

Some newer phones won't recognize rotary dial. 99% of automated IVR won't respond to rotary. Most features on your phone won't respond to rotary dial.
    Fax machines don't like rotary dialing (unless you program in delays)
    911 doesn't like touch tone (much) etc etc

The reason you 'pay' for touch tone is that technically, it is not available in all areas. (Where as rotary dialing is.)

As per CRTC regulations, the touch tone service has to be charged separately in order to differentiate the cost between pulse dialing and touchtone dialing. It was at one time included in the total cost of service until the CRTC mandated that it be listed as a separate cost.

Well, that's not a fair assesment really.
    What you're actually paying for is 'insurance' in case a tech has to visit your home to repair any wiring inside past the demarcation point. It can be upwards of $99 if you hire a technician or electrician to do the work. If you have wire care, it's repaired for free.
    Some people feel confident repairing it themselves, some don't, that's why it's an optional service.

911 use to be charged to the municipalities and passed on to those that dwelled with-in that region, (in your taxes I believe) but most municipalities requested the charge be collected via individual subscribers bills. (some cities still collect it in your taxes, Kingston is an example of this, if I remember correctly and thus does not have a 911 charge appear on their telephone bill.)

I believe the charge is used to pay for the infrastructure etc that goes along with supplying 911 service. In Ontario the cost has actually decreased twice since 2002. Once in 2003 and once in 2005 I believe.

Nem, who likes to give brief overviews.

dirtyjeffer

you get free rental receivers for 2 years, not 1 year and depending on the hardware you trade in, it can be fairly good...i have a 9200 and a 5900...i could get two 8300 HDPVR's from Rogers if i trade my 2 units in...factor in the fact that the package i would pick from Rogers (home phone, internet and TV) would be about $35 per month cheaper, it is VERY tempting to switch.

travisc

Probably because they were instructed not to fight over a few cents. We had customers fight with us over it last time, including some who phoned into the Canada Revenue Agency and were told that we should not have charged GST at 7% despite billing in advance the month before the decrease occurred. We just decided to give the few cents to the people who asked to avoid annoying people too much.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information