Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can we hook up BEV receiver at the campsite/cottage?

There is no law against this. It is part of the subscriber agreement that you will have your equipment setup at one location at a time.

Ex Agent EV

Do you think they really care about how long it takes per verification? I don't think they get pay per client verified and my friend that was in the SAT departement in Toronto told me they don't have AHT criteria...basically you could take all you sweet precious time, it doesn't change nothing for them, you are just waisting yours!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It seems such a shame that Bell and Agent Expressvu 5 just can't see the difference - even when it is explained to them in detail - between illegal pirated dishes (usually fixed) vs mobile legal dishes (subs paid for).
    I expect this is because the number crunchers that are making these decisions are all in their early 20's and havn't even considered joining the "older" mobile generation.
    The Dish receivers that were impounded were illegal in that they were pirated and not from US visitors traveling through Canada. Please compare apples with apples and not oranges with apples.
    I do believe we should all pay for our subscription and I wish Bell had chosen an secure system so that legitimate users wouldn't have to put up with the crap Bell is "dishing out" to protect themselves - freezing pictures - poor guides etc.
    I was told by an inside Bell worker that Bell made their policy change in 2004 -to remove their previous promos for "your cabin or mobile home" to make users have a seperate subscription for each - more money in their pocket.
    Any way I am in the process of creating a crank up roof dish mod for my unit so that I can switch over to StarChoice to have better - user friendly service.

Nimiq 1

Last Word again

HT gearhead

Gimme a break, I'm sure local and state law enforcement officers have better things to do than harass Canadian campers with satellite dishes. About as much as cops on this side of the border hassling American campers with Dishnet and Directv dishes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It seems you are obsessed with Black market - illegaly receiving across border transmissions (resident of the opposite country). I agree but this thread was about legaly subscribed receivers being moved around in campers and motorhomes and receiveng signals from the country where they normally reside.
    You have changed it to stealing - we are not stealing - we are paying subscribers however we could crack our recivers and not have to put up with this crap.
    Why do you think many subscribe to US providers - programing content - get a simular selection.

C band gray market existed because there wasn't any other providers available in Canada nor was there cable in the remote areas. You may notice although it is still available, mostly users have switched to legal Canadian or US programers with Ka dishes.

I still use my C band dish for SciFi, History, HBO etc. as I want - because I get a less grainy picture and the programing I want - not what I am spoon fed by Canadian providers.

I tried watching 842 (High def movie channel) and the audio is out of sink and has been like that for about a year. "it is the fault of the sevice provider" - yea - like they can get it right on 841 why not 842.
    Clean up your house (programing) and attitude towards your customers and the "need" for illegal receivers will go away. I for one would prefer to simply pay each month and concentrate on other things which are more important in my life.

Oh yes - I don't care if you have a french accent as long as I can understand you and you don't give me the same old - unplug your receiver for 1 minute, stand on your head and spin three times to the right or left, Spread your cheeks and bend over but simply admit there is a sofware (firmware) problem and it will be fixed - and then fix it without causing other problems.
    By for now.

Ex Agent EV

Starchoice should accordinf to CRTC follow the same policy... They implemented the home away from home which Bell claim is against that law. They will apparently get investigated by the CRTC in the near future accordng to what my friend, in SAT departement told me. Will keep you updated on that...

probak118

Just my opinion but if BEV was really serious about this topic then, stop selling individual accounts 4,5 and 6 receivers !! Sounds like they want to increase profits more than enforce their rules in the contract. Calling to verify IRD locations must be done only to show others they are trying to stop signal theft etc... Limit the amount of units on a single account to 2 -3 and let people bring them to their cottage /camp site etc...
    It's obvious BEV knows what's going on and is somewhat indirectly endorsing it. Why else would you allow a individual to purchase 5 -6 units on the same account ! How many people have six tv sets really, but they gladly allow you to give them money for those six units without hassle.
    If BEV was truly serious they would lower the number of units that can be purchased in the first place. Till then, pay your monthly bill and enjoy transporting the IRD where ever. You are breaking no laws by doing so. I respect the BEV agents positions in this forum but, what else can they say but to quote company policies; it's their jobs.

barter

Yes that is true, but you can bring a receiver to your cabin if you call bell before going and have the ones in your house temporary disactived.
    Or you can just take a receiver and go, if no one is going to be home while your gone, beats having to make 2 phone calls to expressvu, waiting for a csr and halving to explain this.

ltldevl

Honestly, isn't that brutal that you need to do that? I mean if you are the only owner of both locations...like a cottage for example why the hell can't you. I can totally understand if you are using the same receivers at someone else's house but splitting the bill.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information