Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mrhooie

Bell Full HD tour

from what i understand is that there will be a touring kiosk with different types of TV and - voila! bell HD.

Just an information station for people who've bought HDTVs and are running other things than HD on them

probably to clear out "old" stock before the Mpeg4 push

Angelfish

Bell Full HD tour

So I guess this means they (Bell) won't be announcing any new MPEG 4 services or recievers till after this tour.

SensualPoet

Bell Full HD tour

No broadcaster has 1080p AFAIK. It maxes out at 1080i. So no need for a satellite receiver doing 1080p. Then again ... my TV "outputs" 1080p only; but inputs max 1080i. So I get great HDNet "live signals" but still have the TV "re-convert" to p from i. You can't in.

Nimiq 1

Bell Full HD tour

It was a very productive morning as far as skittles go, 7 bags in total, even found some other chewy things too, but I digress.

A Hot Drink setup would have been perfect, it was chilly standing there for 20 minutes waiting for the "Big Event".

The off shore breeze was so strong that the wash from the Helicopter, some 75 to 100 feet out into the Harbor could not be felt.

I never saw Shannon at all and I was actually amazed that I saw NONE of the Managers of Express Vu's Home Services department that deal with Express Vu installations on a day to day basis.

With the exception of the 40' Container and a Full size panel Van behind, there were very few Express Vu logo's, they were all Bell.

Almost makes you think they could be dropping the Express Vu wording.....

my0gr81

Bell Full HD tour

Because when buying new TV, HD is included in the price. I've had my HDTV 1080i/720p DVI input for 4 years and no HD signal yet, just watching SD at resolution that highlight how crappy it is.

People are using the expansion mode on their TV and wondering why Rachel Ray/ Nigela Lawson/ Giada gained weight.

Bad analogy, a refrigerator is useless without being plugged in, but a HDTV works just fine with a SD signal and some even do a fine job upconverting the signal to 720p/1080i. Plus, with a good DVD player, the quality of an anamorphic wide screen movie is pretty darn good.

Nimiq 1

Bell Full HD tour

The round of applause was a Full HD 5 minutes AFTER the "Event" was over, the camera men wanted an atmosphere shot or two and asked us to applaud....lol

distox

Bell Full HD tour

The 1080i to 1080p re-convert is not re-scaling just even/odd frame buffering. No picture degradation.

SensualPoet

Bell Full HD tour

To each his own. I can't imagine how many $1000s a 1080i HDTV was at retail four years ago ... 2003. There was little broadcast HD back then and upconverting was not ubiquitous as it is now on DVD players. But for at least the last two years we've had a majority of mainstream content on network prime time in HD plus at least 15+ HD channels since the end of 2005 from major providers like Bell and Rogers.

And, to the point of the PR tour, at least you know you're not getting HD. Bell's message is the consumer has no idea and has to be edumacated.

barter

Bell Full HD tour

The dish 1000 will be used once the Nimiq 5 is in orbit.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bell Full HD tour

I spoke to the PR agency and they say that no new products will be announced and that it is only to showcase existing Bell HD products.

The fact that they call it "Full HD" and the fact that it is a "countdown" makes me suspicious that this could be an announcement highlighting the transition to MPEG4.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information