Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I_Want_My_HDTV

Bell Full HD tour

And anyone who has seen the difference between EV HD and a real 1080p source on a 1080p TV will know that there is a big difference in quality.

I_Want_My_HDTV

Bell Full HD tour

If it means cheaper, better TV service, YES. I lost my job to Chinese immigrants and outsourcing of jobs to India 8 years ago. Why should any other industries be different.

As to the 'Bell ExpressVu Full HD Tour'. EV may call it 'PR', I call it total 'BS'. EV should spend their money on improving their TV service, not this crap. I'm gone as soon as my credits run out.

Lindsay649

Bell Full HD tour

Gee I thought it was all very cute as the Beavers are close personal friends and need our support!

Mozza

Bell Full HD tour

It's simple - just keep using the term "Full HD" and "Bell ExpressVu" in your posts. Google will pick up on the thread, and all interested parties will end up here sooner or later.

I suspect they are pushing "Full HD" to those people who bought HDTVs but don't actually get HD service from their providers.

What I suspect is that they are also trying to clear out the old MPEG2 boxes to make room for the new MPEG4 boxes coming in December 2007.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bell Full HD tour

I got two packs of skittles too!

I asked about that. Apparently it was never meant to work. (see video below of men in black working on the dish) All the video inside the trailer was pre-recorded.

The most amazing thing is this story by Media in Canada and I quote

Funny, I didn't see any Jet Ski commando etc did you?

dsspredator

Bell Full HD tour

She had a show on Discovery Canada. I do not think it is on anymore.

i hate tv

Bell Full HD tour

I was reading in another thread about the crappy HD PPV movies
    How about FULL HD , now playing, "For a Few Dollars More", made a real long time ago, heck, I dont even know if there were colour TV's back then, but we will play it, because we are the ONLY provider that has FULL HD

i hate tv

Bell Full HD tour

Thanks for the hint Mozza
    I thought that I knew what Full HD was, and it wasnt on Bell ExpressVu, but on a HD or Blu ray dvd player
    Hugh, can you get some digital home canada t shirts printed up for some of the dhc members to proudly wear while attending this exciting event?
    I can't wait for wednesday, to come in here and read what all the fuss was about...

fmr

Bell Full HD tour

Anyone can guess how much money they will blow up on those 16 shows, and by how much they will have to increase all subscriptions to get that money back ?

I'm so glad I left the boat in time even though I know the increases will propagate to other providers after that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bell Full HD tour

No one owns the term Full HD and no one has ever defined Full HD as meaning 1080p so there is nothing to stop ExpressVu from using it in their marketing campaign.

IMHO, I dislike the use of the term Full HD to describe 1080p because its hyperbole and makes consumers fell cheap and stupid because they bought "less than full" HD.

If ExpressVu uses the term Full HD to describe their service then essentially it renders the term meaningless because it will mean so many different things and there will be no consensus.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information