Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why make us order Rush, Equator and A&E HD?

It may be unfortunate for customers and Customer Service Reps, but someone at Bell has decided to do it that way. I'd like to know why.

i hate tv

putting the responsibility on the customer , again...
    bell is not the most organized company on the planet, so i do believe AEV
    her comments about upselling, show that bell is more concerned with upselling, than "customer service"
    bonus money for upselling the customer, bonus money for getting the customer off of the phone in ???? amount of time (i guess thats why i've had a few hang ups, maybe you could give us a time limit, so we could have a stop watch beside us, and maybe save YOUR sales pitch, till after the average handle time is used up by us with the problem that had us call you in the first place?)
    the channels are not a big deal to me ( i think ive watched them a few times, but i use my tv time for movies and sports, for the most part, so i will wait to upgrade until there is more programming suited to my viewing needs

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

First they were on a free preview, now they are still free, but you have to order them to get them.

Channel 807 says:

- Limited Time Offer: at no extra charge!
    - ExpressVu HD Pack Limited Time Offer

Why are they doing this? My theories:

1) The "limited time offer" makes me suspicious that they will start charging extra for these channels. If I add them now and cancel them when they start charging extra, they'll take away my price protection credits for downgrading my programming.

2) They can save a few bucks by not paying the broadcaster for the customers who don't bother signing up.

3) They want to gauge interest in these channels, perhaps because they are considering dropping them.

What do you think?

I_Want_My_HDTV

Unfortunately, that is up to the broadcaster and, guess what, they don't want to reduce their channel offering on EV. (Less income maybe? )

OTOH, EV doesn't want to reduce their channel offerings. Customer complaints might be one factor but the "bottom line" may be another. I'll bet they are getting a deal on the High Fidelity channels. Switching to NG and Showcase might be more expensive and offer only different repeats. Personally, If NG and Showcase don't show up on EV soon, I will be gone. My last bill was outrageously high for what I get from these sandbaggers.

cm_soo

RUSH and Equator are 2 of my favorite channels, I hope they stay in the line up.

SensualPoet

As you are in London, you have the option of Rogers HD service. At least you have a choice.

My point about HiFidelity channels is they really exist because Bell ExpressVu put them on air and provided them with production facilities. The 200,000 or so HD subscribers Bell has are the overwhelming number of viewers for these channels: no major cable company carries them. A couple of small players -- SaskTel IPTV and Source Cable in Hamilton (again from memory) -- carry them; but only Bell offers volume. I don't think the "broadcaster" ultimately has any say in HiFidelity having 2, 4, 6, or 8 channels of their eye candy tv. Bell, as effective sole distributor, pulls ALL the strings.

Which is why I suggested condensing the content into two channels from four; not eliminating content but just repeats; and therefore freeing up two HD channels for content customers might actually watch -- like National Geographic or a third commercial free movie channel like MMORE HD as carried on Rogers.

Oh, but wait: all senior management are probably a little distracted by the company being sold / shopped around and wondering if they will still have a job at the end of the summer. That ought to make for BOLD decision making!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll take door #1 with a touch of #3 thrown in!

I_Want_My_HDTV

You make some good points. I forgot about MMore HD. TMN will be be eliminated from my subscription soon and the lack of MMore HD on EV is one factor. I will make sure TMN knows as well. That's 3 HD channels EV needs to add by end of Summer.

Ex Agent EV

No worry there we are not planning on removing it...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do new HD pack customers get Rush, Equator and A&E HD automatically?

Are there customers who have the HD pack but are missing HDNet too?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information