Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

If/When I can get NHLCI from someone else, then I may go that route. All well and fine for those with other options to cancel to 'send a message', but for those without other options, this is more of an inconvenience to the customer than it is to the provider. Never mind the investment in the equipment.

i hate tv

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

down at the source?
    which source?
    CBC?
    why was it available on Rogers cable? CBCHE?
    I went over to my neighbors and watched it there
    Another neighbor bragged that he had the game, on CBCHE (Bell ExpressVU as the provider) with his FTA HD box
    how is that possible? maybe he was lying? i guess i will never know, unless someone who saw it with their own eyes chimes in
    i DID see CHC HE on Rogers though, so the "down at the source" line doesnt cut it, unless, by down at the source, you mean down at Bell ExpressVu, but that still wouldnt explain why pirates were still able to catch the game
    again, if Bell was honest, and told us customers, that they were stepping up their campaign against piracy, and accidentally caused paying customers to lose the channel when the johnson rods on the flux capacitor overheated, while trying to shut down the millions of FTA boxes, then i wouldnt mind as much, instead of lying to me
    i guess its not the CSR's fault, but the knucklehead higher up, who sent out the notice to give the "down at source" memo...
    "our customers are stupid, just tell them its down at the source..." Big Wig Bell Spin Doctor

Angelfish

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

I am watching TV and decided to switch to ch 802 but its not there
    I would suspect if it was down they would have a splash screen on the channel to say technical difficulties. Way to let subscribers know of the problem.

Ex Agent EV

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

And you don't understand that "down at the source" means at EV...we also were telling the clients that our technicians were working on it and it should be resolved anytime soon. If we were tryng to blame CBC we would have told the client wehave no idea when it would be resolved

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

If you want to "send a message", cancel your BEV account.

Your constant whining on here does little to help your cause.

ARR

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

If the transponder was working or the out of band control signals were working, why not just run or do a redirect to the Technical difficulties video loop from CH. 888 and NOBODY would care less.

They'd say OH, its broken, they know about it and are working on it.
    And find an alternate feed.
    No need to even call in to complain.

When any of the service on my cable, TV, Internet or Telephone, go out and I call in, if there is a known problem, there is an automated announcement that they know about it and are working on it and if I have a different problem to stay on the line.
    In most cases, I hang up because they have acknowledged the problem.
    Nothing more I can do.

For Bev subs, they would have found the SD channel just fine, we are not stupid, especially those with HD gear.

If the official response is, so what, go watch it in SD and quit bugging us, then you may want to rethink charging us all $10 for HD when many other provider offer a decent basic HD bundle for FREE.

jumpy27

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

When I first read this thread, I thought "down at the source" was referring to the old Radio Shack, which is now called "The Source by Circuit City". They also carry Bell products so I thought they were just confirming that it was also "down at The Source". See how these words can be misunderstood? It is much more precise to only say, "We are having technical difficulties and technicians are working on it as we speak. Please tune in to channel 210 (or whatever CBC channel they want) to watch the show."

ARR

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

They could have done a virtual channel overide to CH 888 that shows the loop that a channel is down and they are having technical difficulties.

We know they know how to do that with all their awful simsubs.

Bell will have to get a lot smarter if they are ever going to try and Bull$h1t people on here.
    With all the eyes and ears on them right now waiting to see what their next move is, they don't stand a chance.

The sad thing is, they have the capabilities to be a world class operation, but just don't seem to give a damn.

It's not hard to redirect the channel, plain and simple somebody screwed up!

ARR

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

Having worked in various broadcast headends and uplink facilities, the problem isn't known until it's been investigated.
    You can verify if the broadcaster is off the air with other providers, or see if Bev is actually getting the signal from the studio via various Over The Air and Network transports, and then you have to check each peice in the uplink chain.

Naturally OUR (YOUR) Technicians are working on it, they have to decide if their gear has failed or they have no signal to send, right?

It's all a matter of semantics, and their can be so many interpretations depending upon the knowledge and experiences of the sender and receiver of the 'communication'.

Some of the already 'suggested' phrases might be a welcome introduction to the Bev play book.
    This way you neither admit or deny any responsibility, yet manage to instill confidence with your customer that you are AWARE of the problem and are TAKING CORRECTIVE ACTION and then you can apologize and make the recommendation.
    Everybody is happy.

scrooloose

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

It was down for what, an hour?

-Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information