Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    TJ77

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

I think we all know that the problem was an anti-piracy measure gone horribly wrong. I am not blaming AEV, if know that it way beyond her control. I just want her to understand that "down at the source" means the origin, not the broadcast distributor.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

CBC-HD is missing on my program guide. I called Bell ExpressVu and they said it was down at the source. Can anyone else confirm this?

dosborne

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

OMG people!

Get over it. There was a technical issue, the channel was down for an hour or so, get on with life. Who cares what the cause was or what people were told? Does it matter if joe-x pulled the wrong cable or joe-y press the wrong key on the keyboard, or there was a solar flare? The show was available on another channel and likely repeated due to time shifting.

Why is this thread still going?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

To lie is one thing, but to perpetuate that lie when getting caught is another. Bell is very aware of the fact that they lied to their customers, and AEV clearly does not understand, either through ignorance or the fact that English is obviously not her native tongue--either way, it would have been nice for them to acknowledge that they caused this problem, instead of trying to pass it off as someone else's problem, then try to tell us that we misunderstood what they were telling us.

I just wish they'd do their f'ing around at 3 am, instead of in prime time. Why test changes at such a critical time when they are obviously completely inept at fixing the problems they create (like the myriad of firmware bugs)? And own up to the mistakes please, Bell.

I seriously think they are risking a class action suit against them, but am having trouble deciding what the focus of the suit could be. You can't really sue them for their absolutely piss poor mis-informed customer service, but how about... Faulty equipment? Substandard delivery of the service that we are paying for? Continued 'pushing' of firmware onto owned equipment, without the ability to refuse this crappy code, resulting in bugs? Being complicit in the whole FTA satellite piracy problem?

I'm guessing EVu will be spit out of the whole mess that is the current BCE structure once the OTPF completes it's takeover, and it will be sink or swim for EVu in the open water, all on its own. The only thing of any value in this company is it's 'paying' customer base. An asset that is surely shrinking, not growing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

Since Bell is my only option for programming that includes a paid subscription to NHLCI, not going to happen. Thanks for your contribution. If you don't like the complaints, don't read the thread.

i hate tv

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

we want bell to know, that we know, that they know, that they were lying
    not a big deal
    the truth shall set you free
    dont BS people, tell them that YOU, Bell ExpressVu is having technical difficulties, and are working to resolve the issue
    dont say it is a source issue
    im sure if i had a source issue in paying my bill to bell, that excuse wouldnt cut it
    "yea, im having a problem with my bank, i cant get any money out to pay my bill, so can i pay you some time in the near future" hows that for a vague statement
    when in reality, my account is in overdraft, and i dont have any money in the account
    true, it was only about an hour, but what about the episode of Corry that was lost due to the channel being down?
    the poor wife couldnt join in on the conversation around the water cooler the next day
    she was so embarrassed
    life goes on...
    is bell going to take their advertising money away now, if DHC doesnt delete this thread?
    ooops, sorry, already done that
    good to see a media giant that supports free speech
    hehe

MrMars

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

Not im my guide either (6100)

Ex Agent EV

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

I know that the other providers had the channel working and knew it all along...when they say a channel is "down at the source" it could be 2 possilities:channels is down (all providers) or we have a problem with the channel. When it's a problem with the channel we advise clients to verify with the channel on when it would be back, if it's a problem with our system we tell the client that our technicians are working on it

Ex Agent EV

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

The channel was down at the source...

Agents were advised it away, but in cases like that they are never able to plan how long it would take to get it back...the wd was to suggest to go to the SD channel

TJ77

CBC-HD Missing on Bev

Sorry, but I believe that by subscribing to ExpressVu you agree not to take part in any class action lawsuits against them. I know this is true with *C, so probably also true with BEV.
    I agree that ExpressVu is not part of the Teacher's plans. I really want to see the Q2 report. I suspect theere were more disconnects than last quarter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information