Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    mtlnorm

Bell ExpressVu reps treatment

Nimiq 1

What does this mean?

"And with the re-alingment of Vendors, 1 large Vendor in Ontario and another in Quebec loosing their contracts, it should reduce calls to the Vendor only call centres too"

I assume a "vendor" is a outsourced call centre? So Bell has changed outsourcing companies. I assume to get a lower price, but what is "vendor only"?

Agent Express V

"It's actually 7$/kid/day..."

No, it's actually $48/kid/day, all taxpayers in Quebec, and Canadian taxpayers thru unencombered transfer payments, pick up the other $41. Especially the "rednecks" you refer too.

Ex Agent EV

Doesn't the CSR bonus depend on their AHT (average handle time)? Yes both the Bell bonus and the bonus given by the vendor I work for depends on it.

Ex Agent EV

The orders are not handled by the CSR, but by our direct sales departement...in that sense it is normal that some of us won't understand all when you talk about a switch or not switch order! Seems like you run into a few not too knowledgeable agents... I know how to activate receivers and what charges customer should be paying. I also keep myself up to date on current promotions. It's true that there is lots of problems with OM and FWFM, which at the time is giving funny hours and lots of stupid CSR will give that time to the client, but then again this is a problem that is not CSR relevant, it's the system administrators at BEV who should have a look at that

ltldevl

BTW, speaking "good" English or French for that matter does not cut it and should not be considered a pass to be a CSR. Bell (as well as many other call centres) have a very low expectations in language ability it would seem.

I_Want_My_HDTV

I wonder how many customers read the manual before calling. It's probably a good thing the receivers set the clock automatically. Otherwise over half of them might be displaying a blinking 12:00AM.

ltldevl

Haha...isn't it ~200 pages? That's actually a good indication of how complicated the receivers can be for someone who is not up with technology. Thank God there's support.

aa_aa

You know it's funny but I have never had CSR try to sell me anything in any of my calls. I would also like to point out they have never fixed up any of my issues first go round either. I have come to learn that I only call them as a last resort so it minimizes my frustration level.

Ex Agent EV

I agree with lots of you that are unsatisfied with the service... I would be too being in your shoe... Let me tell you why service isn't that great:

1) Reps are misinformed... We have an internal system to provide us the current information, but according to certain supervisor the system is right and according to another system is wrong! Story about the price increase in February changed about 10 times in my call center.

2) Training is too short...and not technical enought. They focuss too much on what programming is available, what each channel is and we didn't get to spend time playing with system, seeing how to do changes in account and so on. Tech was only a week...after a few weeks taught you realise that same problem comes over and over and you get use to it and know the troubleshooting by heart.

3) Rep don't have time...the bonus is calculated on the handle time. We have 600 to 650 seconds to do our greeting, assure that we are willing to help, go throught the pin protocole, go throught a troubleshooting or answer your question, solve your problem, discover your needs, make a sales attempt and put a note on the account. Wow! If they take longer...no bonus!

4) If agent didn't do the job right on previous call, then we can not really make a follow up. When you send papers in we don't neccesarly put notes on account. If you call to know if we receive it is impossible to know. Bell Express Vu has many call centers all over Canada... we can not know which one you sent it to.

5) Supervisors do not have "more power" than us, we all use the same applications. We can not transfer to a supervisor unless we tried to solve the problem first. In many cases supervisor will refuse to take the call saying that this is an issue that you could solve.

6) If tech doesn't show up...is not our fault! And we shoudn't be blamed or yelled at for that. I know how frustrating it could be, but...why to kill the messenger?

What do you, as a client think about that?

hamstercaster

I must be one of the lucky ones but I only got one instance where the tech did not do is job correctly, and then again it may not even be the CS that answered my call but the tech who ended up with my problem between his hands. A second call corrected that. I have nothing but good comments for Bell Customer Service so far. I have never had to wait more than 3 or 4 minutes before someone answered my call. They have always been very helpful and polite and have all but once settled my problem on that service call, be it for BEV or Sympatico. With such a big subrscriber base, it is only normal that some will have problems while others will have nothing bad to say about the service. It is the same with every single company out there. I have been with Videotron and I must say that often their service was sub-par while others say that Videotron has the best service out there. The important thing is not to blame the CS himself for our problems or yell at them. It is useless and it is not there fault, at least most of the time. I honestly think that people who work at call centers for big companies like Bell are very patient or desperatly need a job because they take on so much abuse in one day. I remember back in 1997, I got a job to work for Bell Sympatico on the accounts side of Sympatico. You would not believe how much yelling and swearing I had to endure, and I was only sitting next to a CS listening to the conversations, nothing else. I quit that day because honestly, I would never take so much a buse without dishing it back out at the person giving me that abuse, and that would not be good for Bell lol.

I think people need to be more understanding towards customer service representatives.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Admin Note: Please keep any discussions about Customer Service civil please. If you are leaving BEV or have a beef about BEV then please post it in our Leaving ExpressVu or got a Rant then post it here! discussion thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information