Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SW21 connection

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

SW21 connection

I have the following set up... 4 lines (2 from 91 and 2 from 82) coming into my house. The 2 sat 82 lines go into the SW44. The 2 sat 91 lines go into an SW21. Out of the SW21... 2 lines go to the other 2 inputs on the Sw44 and 1 lines goes to a 5900 in our bedroom. There is one remaining out on the SW21. (this has been done to allow us to run 5 recievers)

My question is... I want to put an extra 3100 reciever in the bedroom so we can watch something while recording on the PVR. Can i simply place a second Sw21 onto the end of the RG6 cable that is currently connected to my 5900 and then run 2 rg6's out of that Sw21... one to my 5900 and one to my 3100.

OR

do you always have to have 2 RG6 going into an SW21 (for it to work) meaning i'd either have to run an rg6 from the basement (out of the current sw21) and up to the bedroom where i can then run the 2 receiver off of the new sw21.

I'm basically trying to figure out if i can save my self form running another long rg6 aroudn the house.

Nimiq 1

SW21 connection

OK, here goes.

I think that you are saying SW21 when in fact you mean an SW42, or at least that is the only thing that makes sense to me anyway as an SW21 has 2 x Inputs and only 1 Output. An SW42 has 2 x Inputs and 4 x Outputs.

If the above is correct, what you have to do is connect the next receiver to the SW42, you should have 1 spare output left at the moment.

You cannot split a sinlge line to run 2 receivers with the "Legacy" equipment that Express Vu are still installing.

You are obviously aware that you only have 4 outputs receiving Nimiq 1 & 2 signals, (HD etc) and a further 4 outputs receiving Nimiq 1 ONLY.

Hope this assumption of mine was correct.

NIMIQ 1

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

SW21 connection

Here is the sw switch i am talking about. I belive you are probably right about the switch name.

http://www.kusat.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=366

So basically, what you're saying is each one of these passive switches MUST HAVE 2 lines running into it. So regardless of how I do the 2 rec. setup, upstairs, I have to run another RG6.

thanx

Nimiq 1

SW21 connection

Yes, that an SW42 (or SW43) what's in a name.....lol

You do need 2 inputs for these switch's as it uses 1 for odd and 1 for even signals.

The better way to wire your setup would now be to get another SW44.

Then run 91 to one SW42, and 82 to the other. Then take 2 outputs from the first SW42 and run them to inputs 1a & 1b of one SW44 and to 1a & 1b of the other SW44, repeat with the 4 outputs from the second SW42, this will give you 8 outputs, all having Nimiq 1 & 2 reception.

Hope that made sense......

Nimiq 1

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

SW21 connection

Stills sounds like the easiest way to do it is to run an extra rg6 along the first one going to the master bedroom. I was just trying to get around the cost issue with having exv come out. I need to see if i can find a way to get it into the bedroom on my own somehow. Perhaps a way other than outside across the roof.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information