Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Billing Errors Continue

My Post-Christmas gift from BEV:

They desubbed my receivers!

I give them a call, after 3 minutes on hold, I reach a CSR. She explains the reason is I'm 75 days overdue on my account (They charged me $210 on install charges that weren't done, and as of Dec 5th, it was SUPPOSED to be taken care of). Anyways, I inform her to check "the notes" on my account.

She says, yup, it says on Dec 5th, Reccardo explained that it would take 6-8 weeks to get reversed. And I reply with a blank "AND? What's the problem". Her reply "Well, you're overdue, and if it's not paid in full by 105 days, we'll terminate your account". So in a nice way I explained that I wasn't paying for their delinquent mistake, and since Bell Canada has crappy billing practices, it wasn't my problem, and if necessary I could draft a letter to their corporate office, carbon copying the CRTC. Followed up by saying I'm not paying for charges that aren't mine.

She agreed to re-instate the services, and proceeds to ask if the install charges aren't mine, how I got my system installed. By then I was still pretty PO'd, and that I explained it to the last 3 people I called and talked to, and wasn't explaining it again. After a mere 9 minutes (yup, actually done in 9 minutes -- what a refreshing change from the usual 90 minutes!), she "corrected" it, and the TV was back on.

Oddly enough, everytime she went to do something, she kept saying "Don't hang up if you want this done. Just a minute." I wonder home many people spaz at them and slam the receiver down????????????

And the thing that kept going through my mind: YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE STEAL YOUR SERVICE?

haystack

Billing Errors Continue

Its been done, I for one have been down that road twice.When you call the ex office they do the same thing as the customer service reps ,you will get a credit in 6 to 8 weeks. The problem is your next bill is f up and your back to square one (BILLING ERRORS CONTINUE)..One thing about the ex office is you only get a recording and they call you back in a few days, so if you can get calls at work your ok if not your back to customer service.I say the only way to help BEV with their billing is to make them pay.People do not want to babysit their bills but as you can see from the posts that it's a fact of life with expressvu.You thinking your billing problems are over is a delusion that will cost you.
    You give your recommendations and I will give mine.
    BEV gives good credits and subs should demand them.

FuzzyQball

Billing Errors Continue

I think that there are a lot of people in the same boat, and likely a lot more who don't even realize there is a problem. I just don't know what else to do. Perhaps there is another solution. If only we could gather all the disgruntled people with billing errors together.

The_Grudge

Billing Errors Continue

I have called Bell 4 months in a row now to correct my bill. Each month the CSR assures me that it is being fixed. 4 months later the errors still appear.

I emailed the executive office using an email address I found on this forum. Aside from an auto-reply, I have not heard back from them yet and it's been 5 business days. Is this normal? If not, what else can I do to raise hell?

orion456

Billing Errors Continue

Bell does have weird problems with their billings. I was billed for two months, but they only gave me the 9200 rental credit for one month. I phone about it and had one of the most abusive customer service reps I ever remember, who insisted that my agreement says I get $10/mo and that's what I was entitled to.

I had signed up for online billing but they never send a notice that my bill was ready (in fact they have never sent a billing notice period). As a result, I was charged interest of a few bucks and threatened with a $25 fee if I didn't pay within 10 days. It was already 12 days by the time I figured out I had a bill to pay. Why they don't sent an email notice like every other company I deal with I have no idea.

An email to Bell about this absurd situation got a prompt apology, a return of several missed credits (2 months later) and a $25 credit which I assume was their threatened $25 bad boy charge.

The very next bill they dropped my rental credit again, and while they promised to fix the problem in their subsequent email, my most recent bill has no returned credit and again no rental credit for this month....off has gone another email.

By comparison I have NEVER had a wrong billing or missed credits in 25 year from my MTS phone company despite changes in features, long distance carriers, adding highspeed internet or upgrading wires. The same is true from Shaw cable, no billing problems in 25 years. My aunt once had a problem with Shaw due to lost channels in her receiver. They replaced her receiver the next day and give her 3 months credit plus 5 free channels for 3 months and all within the next billing cycle. Bell could take some lessons.

I'm certainly happy I don't have to deal with Bell on any other levels.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Billing Errors Continue

I don't get the 6 to 8 week thing!

This is normal when they have thousands of mail-in rebate forms to go through and write cheques, but when it relates to credits being applied directly to your bill, what causes such a delay?

starchoice

Billing Errors Continue

Kudos to both Telus & StarChoice who look at and fix billing errors while you're on the phone.

I can't imaging a "billing department" which has to correct errors when the customer is not there to tell them the exact problem. No wonder it takes 6 - 8 weeks!

haystack

Billing Errors Continue

One day after I got a bill I called and had a BEV CSR fix a mistake ,she fixed it then told me she could see a problem I'm going to have with my next months bill but she can't fix it till they send it out to me and I call back.No lie.

haystack

Billing Errors Continue

You can argue all you want but if you want out you got to pay or risk a mark on your credit report.

FuzzyQball

Billing Errors Continue

Either that or they are totally incompetant. Either way it does not bode well for them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information