Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    luvgolfing

BEV Price Increase...

When is the last time that someone on this thread DIDN'T hear this aggravating message when they called BEV CS?

Everytime I have called, I have heard this same garbage.......if BEV is always receiving more than the average/expected number of calls, shouldn't this be changing the average? If so, what are they doing about it?

BTW, the reason that I HAVE to call BEV is because of a billing error.....it is impossible to email them, or talk with them online. I'm forced to phone them.....and wait....and wait....and wait........

westmanguy

BEV Price Increase...

orion456, from a bell insider (workforbell, now banned), he said that they are replacing all the 9200 and HD receivers free of charge, and he saw the orders to echo star.

Thats not to say, they may charge a $50 fee, or something like that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BEV Price Increase...

With our present contract we got 4 recievers and didn't have to pay for them, when our contract ends in Oct, we will have to pay for each reciever plus the rate increase so our bill would go up over 30/ 35 bucks a month, (hubby checked with Bell to verify this) and it is correct...

unless they offer the same deal on a new contract... and I doubt if they will

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BEV Price Increase...

Just spoke to a rep from BEV who told me that all customers will see the price increase in the new year as soon as your current contract expires. For me that means March 13.

I guess maybe its time to get rid of my theme packs since i don't watch them really anyway.

Funny how people cancel programming on their accounts when they hear BEV is raising the prices. In the end, doesn't BEV lose out. They up my rate $4.... i remove $20 form my account!!!

Altaman

BEV Price Increase...

Just read on another site that over and above the $4 increase in the Digital Standard, BEV is looking to increase theme packs by $3 month...anyone in the know able to confirm/deny this?

If this it true, I will most likely remove all my themes and HD pack going with just the Digital standard. They will be making a whole $31 a month instead of +$61 (can not say what the themes packages will be worth till more details emerge).

Enjoy your gouging BEV, may you loose mucho $$ with this supposed gouging of the canadian consumer.

Alt

Bunkhouse

BEV Price Increase...

Maybe it means their going to put the more Network HD channels in the digital standard?

Jasper666

BEV Price Increase...

I have seen a few posts here stating that the price increase will not affect accounts already in effect. Well, I just signed a new 2 yr contract when I ordered the HD and rented the 6100 reciever. I got a notice in the mail yesterday stating the price will be going up for me. It had my name in the first line. Is this a generic notice?

Bob

westmanguy

BEV Price Increase...

Yeah, because I signed up for the all-in-one pack BEFORE this price increase announcement...

westmanguy

BEV Price Increase...

Darn things with theme packs are:

$8 / theme pack

$20 for 5 theme packs

So 2 theme packs is $4 less then 5 theme packs. So basically its 5 or nothing.

(BTW rate now its 6 theme packs)

This angers me a bit.

So now, come after my 6 months at half price I will cancel Movie Central and 1 theme pack.

If they are going to gouge me I am going to reduce my subscribtion.

Or I could look at getting rid of caller ID and lowering my cell plan.

Price increases are not smart for a company. ALOT of people, leave, or downgrade their programming.

You wonder why people account split and steal from BEV... sigh.

I sure hope the CRTC doesn't approve the Canadian networks charging us for a fee.

Lindsay649

BEV Price Increase...

Orion 456.........good question. Would think the warrenty would apply if FS carries the new equipment as their replacement policy is equal or better than original purchase. Still do not think the current crop of HD receivers will be replaced within the near future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information