Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Lindsay649

BEV Price Increase...

Purchased the 9200 at FS for less than six hundred dollars and an extended warrenty for four years......another 99 bucks. This gives a fairly generous protection for the foreseeable future.

Deezeex

BEV Price Increase...

My initial 2-year contract just ended. I had Digital Esentials, 2 Themes, and full HD for $45/month. With the new pricing in effect, I have basically the same package with *5* Themes for $61/month. It took me less than 5 minutes with a CS Rep and in less than 5 minutes after that, I had my HD reset and the new themes available.

"Nothing is forever", and a 2-year price guarantee saved me a few dollars over time. However, I still feel I am getting a good value.

As far as QoS, the freezing of the 6100 is bothersome, but that's the only complaint I have had with BEV.

Just my two cents...

Lindsay649

BEV Price Increase...

Just looking at the latest brochure from ExpressVu which is effective February 1st, 2007. It would appear that the only major change is the increase of four dollars for the Digital Standard package now at $31 and the addition of Sports 3 Theme package which includes GOLTV, WLN, WILD and FISH..........HDNET is now part of the HDTV Value pack . RUSH and OASIS still remain in free preview.....which may be an error in the printing. The prices for the themes remains the same.

luvgolfing

BEV Price Increase...

Here's my opinion about why it's a big deal:
    • part of their expenses is due to the inefficiencies of their bloated bureaucracy.....I don't want to have to pay for that!
    • part of their expenses is due to bad management decisions.....I don't want to have to pay for that!
    • parts of their revenue losses is due to their terrible customer service, which causes people to leave.....I don't want to have to pay for that!
    • part of their revenue losses are due to their terrible website, which again causes people to leave.....I don't want to have to pay for that!
    • in spite of people leaving, many more are still signing up. Economies of scale say that their cost, PER CUSTOMER, should be dropping
    • part of their expenses is money spent on introducing new products and services that many people don't want/need, in the hopes of attracting even more subscribers in the future.......I don't want to have to pay for that!
    • the percentage increase they are trying to justify goes WAY above generally accepted cost of living increases
    • part of their expenses is just a cash grab.....I don't want to have to pay for that!
    • According to Bell, part of their expenses is borne by supporting customers who are on old programming plans. Guaranteed, the revenues from those obscene "access fees" is a lot more than the costs involved in programming their computers.

So, the majority of the reasons for increased fees is NOT based on increased value in services. Most of the increased revenues will only allow BEV to continue along its merry old way of screwing up, and charging us for it.

That's not right.

The problem is, it is generally NOT easy to switch carriers, without incurring additional costs. And don't tell me that doesn't BEV use this fact to continue chipping away at gouging its customers.
    In most other areas of technology, costs are going way down......Why is BEV so different? Basically, they want current subscribers to pay for their mistakes, as well as paying for new technologies that will allow BEV to make even more money from future subscribers.

Yes, unfortunately this is true. However, you conveniently forget to mention that BEV has been granted a duopoly share, as far as satellite dishes are concerned. And, they only have to compete against ONE other cable provider, depending where you live. This is not my idea of free enterprise.
    Give me totally free enterprise, and I guarantee that things would change. For example, if other companies were allowed to re-sell satellite dish services, like we currently do with cellphones, then we would have more competition. Imagine if another company was allowed to re-package BEV services, and provide other programming options. Then, we would maybe have more fairness. Right now, everything is tilted in favour of BEV!!

CRTC, are you listening??!!

westmanguy

BEV Price Increase...

My basic cable is $25 for 25 channels.

Bell is very comparable for me, that 6 dollars, gives me timeshift, music channels, digital, and those throw in specialty channels (MTV, CTV Newsnet, Treehouse, there in the standard)

johnny_marin

BEV Price Increase...

While Bell Canada is rolling out the FTTN architecture for IPTV they are using BEV for the channel signals at the head end. From there the IPTV channels are fed on large fiber based transport pipes to local video serving offices. How they will brand this is up to the Marketing folks but BEV is the signal source.

John

orion456

BEV Price Increase...

Lindsay649 -- since Expressvu is planning to upgrade the 9200 to the new MPG4 machines, I wonder if a 4 year warranty would extend to the replacement?

MCI

BEV Price Increase...

All AIO packages effective Feb 1/2007 will be going up 4 dollars/month, due to the price of the Digital Standard going up to 31.00/ month, so it will effect ALL AIO packages effective Feb 1/2007.

I_Want_My_HDTV

BEV Price Increase...

That will affect all accounts, regardless of what type they are. I can't remember the last time I tuned in a channel below 300 (i.e. part of digital standard.) What a rip for a useless bunch of crud.

SensualPoet

BEV Price Increase...

Good question. All-In-One legal on bell.ca specifically does NOT guarantee your rate for the two years. The old contracts did. Does anyone know if Bell will provide a "grace period" for existing AIO contract customers?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information