Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ltldevl

Is this a good deal for the sale on these Bell Receivers

On every receiver model as well.... check the bell site for more details.

I_Want_My_HDTV

I believe EV still has an extended warranty plan for $5/mo. Not worth it for an SD receiver but for a 9200 + other receivers, it may be worthwhile.

dirtyjeffer

i would simply rent the whole thing...that way, you get free install, and everything is under warranty...you also won't have to spend a ton of money up front, and you still get savings through the current promo for rental (50% off package for first 6 months).

workforbell

I work for ExpressVu, middle management is about all I can say.

I understand why you would want his number, but you also must understand why they would not give it out, more than likely he is a sub-contractor for the National Install company we contract in Manitoba, (QX West). In fact I would believe that he would not be a direct employee of QX, these guys have a float of hardware they use and do not have to wait for equipment to be shipped per customer.

If you have any problems with the install tomorrow, (ie missed) I would suggest you contact the store you purchased it from and have them contact National Install.

barter

But you will be locked into a two year contract as well. Personally I think it is a good deal, if you want/need HD tv. If you want any secondary receivers, I would suggest you add them later on, as they will charge $50 to install each. The first install if also free (which includes the sw44 with the the 6100/9200), another bonus.

barter

westmanguy said:

No they won't, don't get any dish branded receiver, you won't be able to sub on it.

Danny08

Is the special for existing customers as well?

westmanguy

I still am wondering if I buy the HD PVR from my dealer at reg. price will my account be updated with a $300 credit later...

workforbell

dj you are wrong here, log on to source advantage, (th bell ordering site) and check the costs.

dirtyjeffer

i only got the 9200 because it was free (i used some rewards points from work for it)...after getting it hope, i found out it wouldn't hook up to my 13 year old Sony TV, so i bought a new 42" Panasonic plasma...i was planning on getting a new tv sometime next year, it just forced me to buy it early...i was going to just leave it in the box and store it in the basement, but the wife wanted it hooked up (she is a PVR junkie) and TV's are a good price anyway.

i do not know about the MPEG4 stuff, and haven't heard anything about it...personally, it sounds like it would be ridiculously expensive to replace 2+ million set top boxes currently in the field, and if anything, Bell would spend billions on IPTv and FTTN before they replaced everyone's sat receiver...why???...because IPTv and FTTN would bring in new revenues for bell, as well as perhaps help grab customers from other carriers and providers...spending money on replacing everyone's set top box provides no incremental revenue growth and would be seen as a waste of money (by shareholders/board of directors, etc)...just my opinion, that's all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information