Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Whygee

Is this a good deal for the sale on these Bell Receivers

Since you need to buy the receiver to take advantage of this offer, what are the programming options? All of Bell's package (except one - Build your own) seems to come with a receiver rental included in the price.

All I know is that you have to get a 42$ min (47$ for English) package to get the credit (plus the 2 years contract ).

Do we have to take the "Build your own" package and then add sutff so it comes to 47$?

ehyo

hey guys
    brand new plasma owner here! now gotta get my HD all sorted out.

so with bell, am i to understand I have 2 HD options?

1). all-in-one for $98/month. 50% off for the first 6 months, then after that i go back to the regular payment of $98. (this option includes the HD PVR receiver, correct?)

2) buy my HD PVR receiver today and receive a $300 credit. Thus I pay $300 upfront. From there I can choose the HD essentials package and pay $67/month (i lose out on the movies).

am i missing anything?

westmanguy

I am renting the 9200 and a standard receiver.

This guy is simply put a business owner of a furniture store 15 minutes away in a town nearby.

He told me he "works" for BEV on Thursday's (making an exception for me on Friday). He is simply a independent BEV dealer. He is getting the hardware sent by Puralator.

I didn't get any National Install team, BEV sent the rental receivers to the nearest independent dealer of BEV in my region and is paying him to do the install.

I prefer this because in the future if I have problems I can check with this guy first.

I find it strange they are doing it this way. Probably because there closest national install team would be 1 hour away from me and with milage it would be simpler to use this dealer. But they are sending the receivers over Puraltor.

Anyways strange situation...

westmanguy

Went to all in one bundle.. feels safer to me.

Thats the edge SC has. Something breaks they replace. Something breaks with BEV your screwed. Thats why I am getting the rental package.

Then after the 6 months I will deduct $21 (Premium movies and 1 theme pack.

I am excited about the PVR and I get MC1 HD and MC2 HD too with all of this.

Off topic: still wondering this. is Pay-Per-Vu (thats what they call it with BEV...still find Vu odd.. most English people call it View anyways) a Bell version or is it Viewer's Choice.

I would really like a change from Viewers Choice..

barter

Because many of the dish's in use are 18" (DISH 300) that were installed prior to 2003 when bell only had one satillite in use at 91". The 20" (DISH 500) have been in use since then for all new installs, and longterm subscribers have been upgraded as neccessaey when they add new content to their sub off sat 82.

workforbell

It will be almost exacly the same but with mpeg4 and the swap will be free.

Boavista

Bell's pay-per-view service is called "Vu" and its their own ppv service.
    Bell is not Viewers choice. And BTW, bell offer's some HD ppv movies also. HD ppv movies are around $5.99 each, versus $4.99 for a normal ppv movie.

bailey4363

You have it right, but you can also take your option 1 as outlined above, and after 6 months drop the movies and one theme pack for $77.00 in the AIO, or a number of other programing options, rental on the PVR is always $20.00 for the term of the contract, with full warranty.

luch

hmmmm.. so $98 for the HD PVR package plus $6 for the bottom end receivers.. half of the $98 back for the 1st six month... can I then switch to the HD Essentials all-in-one package without the movies at $67 month?

trellaine

Hmm I was wondering about Visions myself. Do you think they would go lower than the $599?

Anyone dealt with Visions for BEV?

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information