Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    ken0042

BEV Home Signal Switching/Splitting/Cabling Discussion Thread

Is that a good deal? That's about 21

duck_man

I don't normally touch satellite installs anymore - just can't be bothered, but recently I used 4 quality high-bandwidth 2-way splitters and 2 sw44s to attempt to solve this issue (suggested by 3 different BELL people) for a client and it kind of works. They had a single sw44 and 4 receivers, and added a fifth.

There is intermittant channel loss on all 5 receivers on the premises. I'm guessing this has something to do with the size of the house (HUGE) and the long wire runs. I will try the SW44a with an SW44 next week and see if it works better than the splitters. Putting passive splitters into a satellite systems has never seemed like a very smart thing to do.

We may just need more boost in the voltage/signal.

Another dish is not an option - multi-million dollar house finished in stone. There's no clean way to do it and no way the client would have another dish sticking to the side of the house.

We shall see......

TJ77

With satellites there are no splitters. You will need a switch. An SW44 to be exact.
    See this thread
    http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26721

Your using option #3. (BTW the "DP Plus Dual Tuner" shown can be though of as two seperate receivers.)

AK_Sniper

Alright, I figured it was too good to be true just using a SW44 on a single joint line inside the home to split the signal...

So either way I have to run another line into my home then...I don't plan to ever upgrade to more than 2 IRD's anyways so I was hoping to avoid having to run an extra line but alright, thats the way I gotta do it then! (Guess it will have to wait till summer, no way im climbing on my icy roof this winter )

Thanks West.

AK

Mrdark

Thanks,

Why wouldn't option 2 work? Just run the wire that goes into the 9200 into separate receivers.

Mrdark

TJ77

Option 2 is for a Dish Pro Quad LNB that has the switch built in. Bell does not support this option but it works great.

barter

Number 2 is the best option, I installed a legacy quad on the weekend, works perfect. You should be able to get one off ebay for under $30 shipped. DishPro is better but you need all DishPro receivers and rg6 cable installed.
    Then you can sell the dual lnb's on ebay, and make your money back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information