Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    barter

BEV Home Signal Switching/Splitting/Cabling Discussion Thread

Not possible to split one line to two receivers. You also want 91 and 82 on both tv as well. You will have to run more lines and possibly get another lnb and sw21 or a dual twin lnb.

I_Want_My_HDTV

Ordinary splitters will not work correctly. You need two-way splitters with one-port power pass and one-port dc-block. There is also a very specific way they need to be connected. It is described in the Dishnet SW44 installation instructions. IIRC, this topic has been discussed previously and at length. Do a search. I doubt this will work. It is not the method recommended by Dishnet who makes the hardware.

G22

Just wondering if anyone here has one working? If so, what receivers are connected?

I have a 3100 and 6100 receiver currently connected to 2 SW21's. My spare 3100 has been sitting for months and want to set it up in the kitchen. I do have a Dish Pro Quad LNB, but too lazy to crawl up the ladder to change everything around outside right now.

I had a VideoPath before and it did not work for whatever reason. Tried changing the connectors around etc. I then picked up 2 x SW21's and they worked perfectly right from the start and ever since. I also had a Microyal SW44 that would not work either.

Also, is the SW44 BEV that BEV offers... a VideoPath? If ordered through BEV, do they charge you up front, or add it to your next monthly bill?

Thx.

mac dude

...cuz that's all Satellites are good for. That made me smile!

Yes the ugly factor is there, would say remove the ugly factor for $25. I had the satellite on the side of the house (in the Tip or not tip thread) and they had to move it back to the deck area to see 82. I was willing to trade a bit of ugly factor for Much Loud, but having 2 dishes - ugly. There are some neighbourhoods in Toronto with dish after dish after dish, most installed by amateurs, with god awful looking wires sprouting everywhere. One dish, with clean and flat wires tends to look ok.

I must say, I am glad I'm with bell. Personally think the shape of the Starchoice ones (and the angle) look ugly even just one at a time...

WestCDA

The SW44 that came with my 9200 sat package is a Videopath, labeled for Dish Network.

I started with a 6100 system using a single SW21, then added another receiver with another SW21. When I got the 9200 system I removed the SW21 switches and replaced them with the SW44 - works perfectly.

Did you connect the power inserter in line with one of the receiver outputs?

barter

PS you should bring the thing back to FS and get you money back, sounds like a simple cable spliter which could damage your receiver. Tell the people in the store the same, make a big fuss.

Chuck27

I seem to have a similar situation and I'm trying to avoid the job-and-a-half it would be to run more RG-6 into my house. I have the BEV self-installed dual-sat, dual-LNB setup with 2, SW-21's at the dish and 2 cables coming into the house. I'm upgrading my 6000 to a 92X0 and so I got an SW-44 but I'm still stuck with just two cables coming in.

Is there any chance I can get two more SW-21's, and install them backwards in my two existing feed lines inside the house to get the 4 inputs for the SW-44?

For me, it is a heck of a lot easier than it will be to drill through 2, 10" block walls. BEV installation is not an option; no one touches wires in my house except me.

Thanks...

Chuck

peano

May I suggest a Legacy Quad instead. One dish for two satellites with four outputs...and cheaper than an SW-44.

G22

Yep, I connected the Power Inserter, into the 1st receiver output I believe it was. Perhaps I just got a dud switch and/or PI, same with the Microyal. I will try another SW44 VideoPath. I prefer them, since they seem better made than the Microyal.

Gouie

Thanks for the input! Is that the only manufacturer of the compression fittings?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information