Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BEV Home Signal Switching/Splitting/Cabling Discussion Thread

If you have 2 lnb's on your dish, this means you are getting both 82 and 91. At that point, if you want to see both signals on each of your tv's you need an SW44. YOu run your 2 sat lines into it and then you can run up to 4 lines out of it. Meanig you can hook up upto 4 tv's and see all the channels on both sats.

Skyway

Option #1: 4 HF splitters and 2 SW44's

Option #2 a SW44 and SW44A

Another suggestion, get a installer that knows how to do it...

Interceptor

I'll agree with Ringmaster. I also live on the west coast and if you are having any weather difficulties, I've found any reception problems can be cleared up by using two satellite dishes.

Interceptor

The simplist and cheapest way is to use your spare SW21 to run another line into your house for your new receiver. You'll need two short RG6 cables to run from your LNBs to your spare SW21 and a longer RG6 to run into your house. Check out the 9200 installation thread for ideas. Possibly you can split a Dish Pro Plus line.

G22

Can anyone confirm the multi-switch offered by Bell online for $149.99 is in fact a VideoPath SW44?

http://www.bell.ca/shop/en_CA_ON/Prs...s_Landing.page

WestCDA

I hate to be the devil on your other shoulder here, but while you're waiting for your roof to thaw, you might want to give some more thought to that 9200 while you can still find them for sale.

I followed very close to the same route you did, and initially picked up a 6100 figuring I just wanted the HD and didn't need a PVR.

After a couple of months I couldn't resist having a look (I love a good gizmo) and picked up the 9200 kit. There's no going back now - the improved guide, the dual tuners and remotes, and the convenience of the PVR functions for both recording and live TV make this a whole new experience.

I will probably end up selling the 6100 as I'm completing some wiring changes to distribute the HD and SD signals from the 9200 throughout the house.

The 9200 is not inexpensive, but I think it's good value for what you're getting - including a complete new sat dish with the two dual LNB's, the SW44 switch you'll need, one each of RF and IR remotes, component and HDMI/DVI cables, etc.

You can even resell the redundant HD dish setup (along with your SW21's) to recoup some of the cost.

OK, I'll stop now ...

AK_Sniper

Believe me, I LOVE gadgets myself, when I bought my 6100 last summer, I almost bought a 9200 instead because of the LiveTV and recording capabilities but I wanted to get a standalone DVR as well so I figured, the 300$ im saving off the 9200 ill put towards my DVR, which I did...and good thing I did cause I payed 900$ for my DVR (over priced $ony, I know, but no other on the market at the time had all the features I was looking for, only the $ony did)...In the end, I miss out on the extra benefit of the 9200 but im not disapointed at all in my equipment choices. But trust me, ive thought about it

For now ill stick with my 6100, but when I move in a few years, you betcha ill get the best equipment there will be at the time for my Home Theather room....right now its a Home Theater/Living Room ..Granted I just turned 24y/o and bought my first home last summer, ive got some people I know pretty envious of my setup even though its not up to par like some people here...(clear's throat..."57" ) But like he said, it takes time to acquire all the pieces...this is my first REAL HT, I used to have a 27" CRT TV with a Pioneer 373 DVD player and a Sharp 2.1 surround Stereo using an RCA VCR as a central hub, hehe, which I had all bought at 16y/o.

AK

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 91 lines are feeding a passive multi switch, 2 in and 4 out. 2 of those outs go to a 3100 and 3100 the other 2 outs go to my SW44 which also has 2 lines coming from my 82 lnb. i then have 2 PVR's 5900 and a 6100 HD coming out of the SW44. All works fine. Still room for one more receiver.

AndreH

And fortunately for all, Home Depot sells this type of splitter!

kandkt

I contacted BEV about hooking up a fifth receiver, and I was told to install 4 - HF splitters (1GHz) 1x2 ahead of the two SW44's. They sent me a diagram from an instruction manual showing the connections.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information