Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Gouie

BEV Home Signal Switching/Splitting/Cabling Discussion Thread

Thanks guys. I ended up buying the one at Home Depot. What a difference in preparation. Much easier than the crimp style. I got speaking with the guy there and his explanation of why these connectors are better made a lot of sense. He was explaining that any alteration of the center of the cable (the white conductor) will degrade the signal. The crimp style connectors compress this part of the cable causing loss where as the commpression fittings do not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cable is cheaper than the equipment you'd need to invest in to use fewer coaxes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the quick reply , can you direct me to which kind fo 2x4 switch works best for express vu (91 only) to use with 3 recievers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ken0042:
    I could not wait for a 20" Dish, and besides, I already had a spare 18" Dish, so my current setup has two 18" Dishes (1 pointed at 82 and the other at 91).

I have 4 Receivers (2-3100's; 1-5100; and 1-6000), but I still need the SW-44 (mounted inside my house electrical panel) to take the 4 cables (two from each dish) and allow each receiver to be able to watch programming from both satellites.

I am not certain if the single 20" Dish with Twin-Dual LNB's would have 4 cables as well, or it might only have two if there is a SW21 mounted right at the dish. Someone else may be able to better answer that one.

I_Want_My_HDTV

This will work fine for two receivers. You can mount the SW21 at the dish and save running an extra cable into the house. For more than two receivers you will need a SW44.

Don't use cheap, unpowered 4 way switches with dual sat. They may work with some receivers but can cause problems.

Avernar

An SW21 is a switch. The receiver sends a command to it to pick one of the two inputs. In the parallel SW44 configuration you need splitters between the LNBs and the SW44s so that each SW44 sees the same signal. Inputs 1a would see 92 even, 1b would see 92 odd, 2a would see 82 even and 2b would see 82 odd.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am wondering what signal splitter I would need to split one line in into two lines inside my home. When the dish was professionally installed, the installers didn't run a second line in so it is hard to get one through the sealed hole they drilled and I don't want to drill a second hole. Went to FS and they directed me to a splitter which I purchased but upon hook up, you can only watch channels that are on the same satellite and the same odd or even transponder (transponder can be different but must be odd or even number).

What would I need to be able to split this feed into two seperate lines and be able to watch sat 82 on one tv and 91 on the other?

P.S. - If it helps, I have an extra SW21.

AK_Sniper

Hi everyone,

I have my BEV dish setup with dual LNB's and a SW21 (setup outside at the dish, by Bell) with a single cable coming into my living room. I have a spare 3120 IRD that I would like to hook up into our bedroom.

My question is, can it be done at all without running additional cables from my LNB's ? Im not sure if this could be achieved with a SW44 (kinda overkil for my purpose).

Thanks In Advance

AK

ken0042

There is no such thing as "splitting" in the satellite world. If you were to attempt it, it would only work if both receivers were on the same transponder at the same time; which is pretty rare.

Get an SW44. It's not overkill, it just does exactly what somebody in you position needs it to do.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanx.

Someone suggested running out of one SW44 (1b and 2b) into another SW44. That way we could get 4 sd recivers on the second SW44 and run a HD 6100/6000 on the first SW44 out of the 1a and 2a. the 6000/6100 would have the power inserter on 1a

what do you think

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information