Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Altaman

Email sent to CTV/CRTC concerning that pathetic CTV logo with simsubs on BEV

Well CTV is now simsubbing again and a new season of CRTC emails has begun. I have just sent one off to the CRTC/CTV concerning that pathetic CTV logo bug they put over U.S. network logo's.

Here is my email:

speezer

guys, what is the word "OTA" that everyone uses? just trying to get familiar..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with you. What's even more annoying is Global. You get their logo in the top right hand corner, and the network in the bottom right. I find the top right really distracting.

What I don't understand is this need to brand their stinking logos on any channels (US networks as well). Channels like YTV (I think Teletoon too), have a logo that flies in after a commercial, does it's thing, and then leaves. I'm ok with that. If they want to advertise their network, fine. But why are they trying to burn their logo into my TV???????

magnet

OTA = "Over the Air"

It means using an antenna to get your TV versus Cablevision or Satellite.

Altaman

Hey just wait Wires:

Soon we will have the U.S. station logo on the bottom right, the Canadian broadcasters logo on the top right, the Canadian flag on the top left, your provincial flad on the bottom left and scrolling along the bottom "Brought to you by the CRTC, rubber stamper of the canadian broadcast system because we can and will control what you watch in your FREE country"!

Alt

TJ77

I send my compliant outlining all the logo coverups on CTV and CH.I forgot to mention CityTV and A-Channel.I'm really hoping we can get something done about this but I'm exprecting the reply from the boradcaster to tell me that it's an advantage to be able to see the coverup logo.

Altaman

Well got a response back from CTV and here is what it said:

Seeing as I am not one to sit and accept defeat, here is the response I sent back to them and cc'ed to the CRTC:

redskull

I have only noticed a clear clean CTVHD logo on the simsubs I've seen so far. Much better then last year.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bravo!

I await your response!

I love their reasoning for the logos:
    "While some viewers who subscribe to digital cable or satellite have an on screen viewing guide, the majority of viewers have no on screen reference point for the channel they are watching."

Ok, maybe I'm stupid (or super smart), but back in the days when I didn't have satellite, I only had 3-4 channels (which is still valid today). Now, I don't remember ever "forgetting" which one I had dialed in! That's the most pathetic excuse ever!

Altaman

Take a look at a CBS simsub and I know you will see the black crap!

alt

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information