Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    genesis_pig
    genesis_pig
's Avatar

Top 100 Favorite Movies of Journeyowns

True, he does a great impersonation of Russell Crowe.

Powdered Water
    Powdered Water
's Avatar

Just Visiting. Outstanding choice. I may only say that because I also have it on my list. I need to track down the french version. But that version you posted is also the one I fell in love with and it is truly funny stuff.

Big Fish is also a very good film. Great start to your list.

journeyowns
    journeyowns
's Avatar

90. School Of Rock (2003)
    (Jack Black, Joan Cusack)

"I have been touched by your kids... and I'm pretty sure that I've touched them."

A very funny family comedy with a ton of heart. Jack Black for me is hit and miss, but here he was great. I thought the kids were fun and the whole movie is a great time.

89. Unleashed (2005)
    (Jet Li, Morgan Freeman)

"You borrow money from me, you're expected to pay it back. You pay it back, the collar stays on. You don't pay it back, the collar comes of. A simple set of rules."

I'm not normally very into martial arts movies. This is more than a martial arts movie. The action is intense but the characters are great. Bob Hoskins was a terrific villain in this movie. Thought it was very well acted too.

88. That Thing You Do! (1996)
    (Tom Everett Scott, Liv Tyler)

"I've found that a hit record is like a stew. All the ingredients have to come together just right. Otherwise, it's just soup."

This is one of many movies that made the list because my fondness of them from when I was a kid carries over into how much I like it today. I've seen this movie many times and I still enjoy it every showing.

87. Hardball (2001)
    (Keanu Reeves, Diane Lane)

"I want you guys to take a good look at yourselves and feel proud. We made it here. We're here. What I've learned from you is that really one of the most important things in life is showing up. I'm blown away by your ability to show up through everything that's gone on. The league never wanted you to play this game, but you showed up."

Chock up another sports-related movie for me. There will be more. I've always really dug this movie and I think the performances of the kids is the main reason. Keanu was good, but the kids were great. Lots of heart in this movie.

86. Enchanted (2007)
    (Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey)

"Thank you for taking care of my bride, peasants."

This live action Disney fairy tale is not a movie I expected to like as much as I do. Amy Adams is wonderful in the lead role, but the best part of the film in my opinion is every scene James Marsden is in. His part cracks me up.

rauldc14
    rauldc14
's Avatar

Well done on the lad five picks lad. I love A Beautiful Mind, Saving Private Ryan, and V for Vendetta.

Juno MacGuff
    Juno MacGuff
's Avatar

I watched Brian Song which is one of my Dads favorite movies. I think it is the only movie he cries over.

Juno MacGuff
    Juno MacGuff
's Avatar

Definitely plus reps for Juno and The School Of Rock.

planet news
    planet news
's Avatar

I repped your post with Bad Santa and HTTM only because I wanted to so much to derep it but didn't have the heart to. Bad Santa was just an awful film. As are the rest of the films on that particular post. I disagree greatly with that entire post. The films on that post aren't even marginal like your post above. They are just bad. I have no idea why Slumdog won Best Picture either. That particular award has failed time and time again to chose anything of value. Take a look at Hurt Locker. Not a bad film, but Inglourious was groundbreaking.

journeyowns
    journeyowns
's Avatar

85. Three Kings (1999)
    (George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg)

"Bush told the people to rise up against Saddam. They thought they'd have our support. They don't. Now they're getting slaughtered."

Great action, but also a very smart movie with a message. I really like this movie more and more on every viewing.

84. Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
    (Abigail Breslin, Greg Kinnear)

"Oh my God, I'm getting pulled over. Everyone, just... pretend to be normal."

Perhaps it's because I'm from a pretty dysfunctional family, so I related to this movie...and that kind of scares me. I thought this was fantastically done and with great performances. I absolutely loved the ending too.

83. Dazed and Confused (1993)
    (Jason London, Rory Cochrane)

"Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did I the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place... Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place."

What a great teen film with a great ensemble cast. The characters are likable (well except the ones you aren't supposed to like). Very good film.

82. Just Visiting (2001)
    (Jean Reno, Christina Applegate)

"I am eating this very good meats and vegetables in a very fine sauce... I will s*** easy tomorrow"

This is one of the funniest movies I've seen. The interaction between Jean Reno and Christian Clavier is just tremendous. I found this on VHS back in early high school and my family just loved it. Wore the tape out. Funny, funny movie.

81. The Visitor (2007)
    (Richard Jenkins, Haaz Sleiman)

"You can't just take people away like that. Do you hear me? He was a good man, a good person. It's not fair! We are not just helpless children! He had a life! Do you hear me? I mean, do YOU hear ME? What's the matter with you?"

Wow, how great was Richard Jenkins in this movie? I believe coming into this I had only seen him in minor roles in comedy movies (where he is also great). This movie blew me away.

*It's kinda funny how Just Visting and The Visitor ended up back-to-back. Wasn't intentional.

journeyowns
    journeyowns
's Avatar

What did you think?

Miss Vicky
    Miss Vicky
's Avatar

+rep for Gladiator and Tropic Thunder, though (of course) I think they both ought to be higher on the list.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information