25. Rose Dawson
(Kate Winslet)

"On the outside, I was everything a well brought-up girl should be. On the inside, I was screaming."

While Titanic hasn't been everybody's cup of tea, I think it would be hard to dispute that Rose was a remarkably deep and well-developed character. Kate Winslet's portrayl was great of a troubled rich girl who was having to marry for money at the orders of an overbearing mother. She deals with her mother, abusive fiancee, overwhelming responisibility and trying to find herself all at seventeen. Impressive in my book.

24. Mia Thermopolis
(Anne Hathaway)

"I don't want to rule my own country, I just want to pass the tenth grade."

Knowing the feeling of being an unpopular and somewhat misunderstood teenage girl, I find this character kind of special. After a transformation and the job of royalty introduced, Mia has to discover a lot of things about herself. It's a fun ride that may get a little more appreciation from me because it's a childhood favorite.

23. Holly McClane
(Bonnie Bedelia)

"You did when you murdered my boss. Now, everyone's looking to me. Personally, I'd pass on the job. I don't enjoy being this close to you."

I have to admit that if I'm in a hostage situation, I wanna be just like Holly McClane. She keeps her cool and even mouths off to the bad guys. In a movie practically overloading with testosterone, she holds her own as one of about two female characters in all. Her only major flaw, she leaves John McClane.