Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Topic previously discussed in the following threads:

Crushes on anime characterse: Is it possible? (Dec 2008)

Crush on an anime boy or girl? (Aug 2005 - May 2006)

Don't let that stop the discussion, but read the previous threads first. Maybe somebody said something worth noting?

- abunai

Annf
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpeppir
    I wasn't really aware that people could "fall for" a drawing. I mean like stable people who aren't touched in the head or something.
    I find it amusing that anyone can still think this way in the midst of the Twilight phenomenon. It seems clear that people can easily crush on fictional characters in the same way as idols/celebrities, and in fact do so in large numbers. (Go read the Shugo Chara! forums on Crunchyroll and count the number of girls swooning over Ikuto. It's not a small number.)

DuskyPredator
    I think I may have, probably should be a bit careful with what I say that I don't want to look pathetic. I reminded myself that the person was not real, but I think I was so emtionaly attached to the character. I am trying to remember the exact character, but I seem to have mentaly locked it.

After looking at some pictures I keep for series I have seen, I think that I have been reminded of character I liked. But as much as I am trying to remember specificly, the more my mind is fighting against itself :lol: . I think I am unconciously trying to stop myself from having what some would consider to be unnatureal.

Anyway I am not quite comfterble with sharing any atm.

LordofNoe
    There was one anime character whose mannerisms I felt attracted to, back in the day. Ryoko, the space pirate from Tenchi Muyo!. Crazy, crass, not caring about your opinion or anyone else's, she did what she wanted when she wanted. Sure, at one point in time she was evil, but I couldn't help but feel attracted to that trait. Like no matter what happened, you'd have a blast if you were around her. That is, of course, if she didn't actually blast you and blow your head off on accident. A loose cannon, but a remarkably fun loose cannon, to be sure.

DuskyPredator
    I think I may have, probably should be a bit careful with what I say that I don't want to look pathetic. I reminded myself that the person was not real, but I think I was so emtionaly attached to the character. I am trying to remember the exact character, but I seem to have mentaly locked it.

After looking at some pictures I keep for series I have seen, I think that I have been reminded of character I liked. But as much as I am trying to remember specificly, the more my mind is fighting against itself :lol: . I think I am unconciously trying to stop myself from having what some would consider to be unnatureal.

Anyway I am not quite comfterble with sharing any atm.

LordofNoe
    There was one anime character whose mannerisms I felt attracted to, back in the day. Ryoko, the space pirate from Tenchi Muyo!. Crazy, crass, not caring about your opinion or anyone else's, she did what she wanted when she wanted. Sure, at one point in time she was evil, but I couldn't help but feel attracted to that trait. Like no matter what happened, you'd have a blast if you were around her. That is, of course, if she didn't actually blast you and blow your head off on accident. A loose cannon, but a remarkably fun loose cannon, to be sure.

DuelLadyS
    I suppose it depends on how 'serious' a 'relationship' you're looking for. If you mean 'fall for' in the way a teenage girl falls for a movie star or musician, putting up posters and looking up pictures on the internet and fantasizing about what-if-we-could.... then yeah, many times- I personally have always thought such crushes are good way to let off emotional 'steam' that might strain an actual relationship (provided you've got enough presence of mind to recognize it as such.)

If you mean something more serious, something that would stop you from persuing a real-life relationship for fear of 'cheating' on the fictional character... no, never. It's one thing entirely to play around with a puppy love crush, it's another entirely to let it affect your chances at extended, real-world satisfaction.

The King of Harts
    I like the way PetrifiedJello put it. I'm not necessarily "attracted" to the girls, I'm attracted to the personalities they were given. I've always liked my women to be kinda tomboyish and how can I not find a character with a tomboy personality fun to watch? That's what anime does nowadays, it plays to certain viewers personal interests.

That said, there are a horde of tomboys out there I find myself "falling for". At the top are Asa from Shuffle, Hikari from Special A, Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo and Revy from Black Lagoon. Yeah, Revy too. I love women who can get physical and who don't come off as high maintenance. I'm not gonna lie, it's really awesome when I give a girl a friendly push and she pushes back.

Honorable mentions go to Bloodberry from Saber Marionette J, Saber from F/SN, and Yukino from Kare Kano. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that because I think everybody has got my point.

DuelLadyS
    I suppose it depends on how 'serious' a 'relationship' you're looking for. If you mean 'fall for' in the way a teenage girl falls for a movie star or musician, putting up posters and looking up pictures on the internet and fantasizing about what-if-we-could.... then yeah, many times- I personally have always thought such crushes are good way to let off emotional 'steam' that might strain an actual relationship (provided you've got enough presence of mind to recognize it as such.)

If you mean something more serious, something that would stop you from persuing a real-life relationship for fear of 'cheating' on the fictional character... no, never. It's one thing entirely to play around with a puppy love crush, it's another entirely to let it affect your chances at extended, real-world satisfaction.

The King of Harts
    I like the way PetrifiedJello put it. I'm not necessarily "attracted" to the girls, I'm attracted to the personalities they were given. I've always liked my women to be kinda tomboyish and how can I not find a character with a tomboy personality fun to watch? That's what anime does nowadays, it plays to certain viewers personal interests.

That said, there are a horde of tomboys out there I find myself "falling for". At the top are Asa from Shuffle, Hikari from Special A, Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo and Revy from Black Lagoon. Yeah, Revy too. I love women who can get physical and who don't come off as high maintenance. I'm not gonna lie, it's really awesome when I give a girl a friendly push and she pushes back.

Honorable mentions go to Bloodberry from Saber Marionette J, Saber from F/SN, and Yukino from Kare Kano. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that because I think everybody has got my point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information