Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    SharinganEyes92

What do you think about Eureka 7?

Quote Originally Posted by v1cious
    yea the Sages pretty much run everything from behind the scenes. that's all i wil say at this point.
    Yeah that's what I thought from what I've seen. I mean [spoiler]from what I could tell, they let the dude with the long white hair out of prison.[/spoiler]

Keonyn

I'm enjoying it, I like the balance of the light hearted story and the fact there is still a decent story with enough depth to balance with it.

TranceLimit174

I've been trying to get into the show but I'm having a hard time doing so. We're 7 episodes in (haven't watched ep. 7 yet), and so far I have no idea where it's going. Save for maybe episode one each episode has virtually been the same and follows a basic formula. By this point I would think I would like to know where everyone is going. Usually characters have some sort of destination or overall goal. The Gekkostate crew, well, they just sort of cruise around until they get a chance to ride the waves. Also, given the fact that this is supposed to be a mecha show there's very little mecha involved (maybe that's why it's popular). Anyway I know the military has something up their sleeves to obtain the Nirvash, but the moments that appear to be what move the overall story along seem so separated from everything else that it's difficult for me to get an idea of what will happen. Then again, maybe there's something I completely missed.

CardcaptorWatanuki

I think it is awesome as well.
    The more recent episodes that are on now are pretty amazing.I wonder what connection Eureka has to Anemone.
    Because when Anemone ran into them in the Nirvash she said that Eureka was her look-alike. So maybe there is more to them than just that maybe?
    And inside Anemone's LFO "the End" is very interesting. It has no seats but some kind of....thing...

cheezisgoooood

Quote Originally Posted by penguintruth
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezisgoooood
    Quote Originally Posted by penguintruth
    So far it seems pretty overrated. I've been watching it on CN and nine episodes in, they've barely revealed any plot.
    "So far it seems pretty overrated"

That was a dumb statement >_>.
    How so? I supported my statement. There's little if any plot. They drop references to things that they never gave any background for, as if you're supposed to already know. It's becoming jargon-heavy, which is what prevented GitS: SAC from being as good as Fullmetal Alchemist. It's cast of characters is too large for a show that only really has three or four active characters, and they're all pretty dull (besides Holland).

Many people have puffed this show up as being a great series. I wouldn't disagree that it's decent, but it's certainly not standout.
    Since when has anime ever been a medium where the plot is thrown in your face right form the start?

goins007

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsGoblin
    Quote Originally Posted by frentymon
    Quote Originally Posted by -gecko
    (what's with the pronunciation of Eureka, anyway?)
    Guess they either goofed up while trying to pronouce "Eureka" or decided it would be cooler to pronounce it by the exact romanization to Japanese. To really sound like the 'real' way to pronouce "Eureka," it would have to be romanized as "Yuurika." Which doesn't seem like it would be "Eureka" at first glance.
    Guess you guys are finished talking about it but... I went to Tomoki Kyoda's (director of Eureka 7) panel at AX and he said it was pronounced "You-wreck-a" not "You-reek-a". It was because some magazine in Japan already had "eureka" pronounced the other way and he didn't want them to get confused. I don't know if that's what they did in the show since I haven't seen it.

I'm actually kind of wanting to see this show now. I'm not really a big mecha fan though, do you think I would like it? I did like Full Metal Panic! though.
    I think you'll probably like it, I've talked to quite a few people who aren't big fans of the mecha genre that have come to love this series. The music is great, the characters are quirky & unique, the animation is beautiful and it has a very interesting story, definitely worth checking out.
    Yeah I have to say that one of the things I love about this show is the music.

pumirya

Thus far although the plot"gaint robots piloted by kids" isn't new i have enjoyed the series.

the Rancorous

I'm enjoying it as well, though I do agree to an extent that is moving kind of slow so far. After the 3rd episode it took on a very different feel. However, what appears to be the main story is already being shown in the background: [spoiler]That guy, Dewey (well, that's his name in the manga), was released from prison and definitely has some type of connection with Holland and the Gekkostate. Then there are also the Coralians who have appeared and are now becoming a focus for the characters. However, what the Coralians really are and what their objective is remains a mystery.[/spoiler] So things are beginning to pop up here and there. I'm glad that they didn't explain things as they appeared, the mystery will keep me interested.

As for the characters, I like most of them, and the rest of them I have not seen enough of to decide whether or not I like them. At first I started to dislike Talho, but episode 5 showed a different side to her that changed my mind. And Renton makes for a pretty humorous central character; he pretty much clashes with Eureka's personality (or lack there of), which makes the whole romance thing between them (though I still feel that Eureka is completely oblivious to this) fun to watch. I for one am going to stick around for the rest of this series.

SharinganEyes92

Quote Originally Posted by PantsGoblin
    MSRB is $60 so 40 isn't that bad. For all of the extra stuff that came with it, I thought it was a pretty good deal.
    Yeah, but I was just talking about how that price compared to the amount of money I had on me at the time. Sorry for not making it clear.

Kruszer

It's good so far, I'm liking it a lot, but a storyline would be nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information