Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Killers Angel Eyes

Inception (2010, Spoilers)

I agree i think he looks so much better now!

I've seen the film 3 times now, I'm still not bored of it

eleonor

Wow. I just saw this film and I loved it! As soon as I walked out of the theater I felt like I wanted to see it again, like right there and then.

I loved the slow motion scenes and the awesome gravity-free fight scenes in the hallway. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was magnificent! And the soundtrack, oh man, so good.

Great entertaining action movie with great cinematography, great cast (JGL and Ellen Page already being two of my favourites), great soundtrack, great plot...

I don't really have anything original to say about this film. I just loved it.

Androthiel

The one thing I was totally worried about going into this film was that my expectations were too high but after having seen it twice and STILL wanting to watch it and think about it I really doubt anyone could have expectations that even come close to exceeding the triumph that is this film.

I had to watch it twice to pick up on the little details like HIS actual totem rather than Mal's, the ages of the kids, the fact that Mal actually stabs (maybe even kills) him whilst in limbo, causing him to end up on the shore to bring Saito home, etc.

Whether or not the ending was meant to be ambiguous is not the point...I think it feels ambiguous for a reason, that who you are as a person and how you look at things will determine how you interpret the ending. As always, I feel like Nolan wants every viewer to connect to the characters and inevitably because of that our own experiences will dictate how we take in his films, The Dark Knight and Inception included.

One thing that I do love about his work is that the plot and the special effects serve the characters, not the other way around, which is an important distinction in this era of film. I agree with those who are happy it wasn't in 3D, for this film it wouldn't have brought anything new to the table, in fact I think it would have cheapened it.

Overall, the overwhelming feeling I get from this film is perfection. Honest to God, there really isn't a single thing I would change about it and I am usually very nit-picky. The casting was impeccable, and while I do think Leo has played this kind of character before he still nails this role and I can't really picture anyone else doing it. I absolutely LOVE this film.

As far as scoring goes, I agree, Hans Zimmer truly knocked it out of the park, and I feel Zack Hemsey's trailer score fell so in line with it that I almost didn't know it wasn't part of the original film music. That link to the music comparison blew my mind wide open. I adore things like that. The connections that we don't notice *consciously*

Also, since everyone here seems to have truly enjoyed this film, I highly recommend going to yahoo movies and reading some of the F reviews. It's very amusing. Coming out of the theatre after the first time I watched it an older woman told me it was "overrated and convoluted and much too long" and I merely responded that some movies "ought to have an IQ requirement to purchase a ticket"

Anyway, sorry this was hideously long, but I needed somewhere to talk about it because it's been buzzing in my head for more than a week now.

PS, I paid full price for this movie, and I never pay full price...and I would pay full price again and again. It's easily the most worthwhile film I've seen I don't know how long.

xxstACEyxx

Aww I liked Mal and Cobb, the whole cast was great to see. Although I they're repeated flashbacks were a little annoying

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nolan's skills are many. :sigh: What's great is that he has the 'power' to do his own stuff, so he can work on it until he gets it just right. Must be cool.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Even if there is a sequel, it doesn't have to be about the same characters so it doesn't have to ruin the ending.

Still, I don't think Christopher Nolan is really the type to do a sequel.

Bella Grint

Oh no worries I'm not mad about being confused it's a great theory--but like the rest of the movie--you need to put a lot of thought into it :lol:

Talkative One

Aging has done him alot of wonders he is aging well

ElizaSparrow

I love your icon :sigh: I love to think that Arthur and Ariadne have gotten together in the future... Well it's just what I'm hoping for

I think that Nolan knew exactly what he wanted about this ending, I think he knows exactly if it's a dream or not but I also think he gave us the possibility to make whatever theory we want which can be quite frustrating :lol:

The ring one still seems the best so far I think :nod: My sis also thought at the end that the spinning totem was going to fall. I think it's possible even now while watching the comic which is great btw :lol:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Inception Explained: Unraveling The Dream Within The Dream

One thing they got wrong, the kids weren't the same, and they were wearing different clothes. On IMDB they have the kids listed as 3 and 5... meaning time passed, suggesting that the end is reality? But the fact that they did dress the kids in such similar clothes does show they wanted the end to be open to interpretation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information