Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ~AIR~

500 Days of Summer: "This is not a love story. It's a story about love."

I watched this on the plane home from Europe! Loved it! JGL is my new love.

The only issue I had with it was that I thought Summer was really unlikable. But then again, the movie was really from JGL's perspective and I identified SO strongly with him. I LOVED the reality vs. expectation sequence because it's something I (and I assume others) do ALL the time in my head. Just perfect.

ShineyStar

Hi :blush:

I did really enjoy this film. Tom and Summer were perfect for each other - their personalities complimented the other and they were just so cute together :love:

own worst enemy

I love how they used things she liked about him, like playing with the faucets at BB&Beyond, and then later he makes the joke, and she's not phased by it. Such a transformation. But totally natural and just.

My favorite scene is honestly "Expectation Vs. Reality" because it hit it right on the nail. The emphasis of the reality of him climbing more flights of stairs alone impressed me, because it was the perfect way to show the difference of both sides.

ShineSoBright23

I lovelovelove this movie. I dragged my friends along (though not so much dragged, they wanted to see it too but I was definitely the most enthusiastic!) and could not stop talking about and quoting it afterwards.

My friend mentioned that she thought she saw Summer in the last scene, like watching Autumn and Tom interact, did that actually happen? I didn't see it if it did, but then again I was overly excited about seeing Minka Kelly on the big screen to pay full attention.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm a bit confused. I would think 'atypical rom-com' and 'anti rom-com' would be pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, yes, this movie is definitely different from most rom-coms (call it 'atypical' or 'anti' or whatever) in that it doesn't follow the same ol' formula: 1. Boy meets girl. 2. Some kind of complication occurs (either girl doesn't like boy, vice-versa or girl's involved with someone else, vice-versa, etc). 3. Boy and girl end up together. Happy ending.

I found it refreshing. Despite its quirky, whimsy storytelling, it follows real life relationships a whole lot more accurately than most rom-coms. That's what I liked so much about it.

courrrtnnneeey

JGL is so adorable! I love him. And the scene at Ikea was the cutest thing ever! :love:

jackiehydelover

Love all the icons! :clap:

Bella Grint

I dunno the way people look at dating has really evolved everything is so casual...some people are together for a long time and nothing ever happens and it's never even official dating or a serious relationship. That's why this movie rocks..it showed the flaws. He got all excited and dove right into it while she presented the other side of dating.

ElizaSparrow

No, no I was wrong :blush: She was only engaged at the end :nod:

Watched to movie yesterday for my birthday!!! :yay: and the IKEA moment was my favourite, but I still think she kinda used him: It's not nice to go out with someone for 1 year and pretend it's not serious :shrug: And to dance with him knowing you're engaged and not telling him.

But I really, really loved the ending finally! I loved when he toled her he hoped she was happy and that she didn't answer, I'm glad he didn't change his place because of her, he really grew! And I'm glad he found Autumn at the end, it's sad for her though that he was so blind because of Summer that he never noticed her. But it was fine that way, anyway :nod:

courrrtnnneeey

I am loving all these icons! :love: Tom and Summer are so, so cute.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information