Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    ambthrax

500 Days of Summer: "This is not a love story. It's a story about love."

I really really loved this movie, but did you think the last scene was kind of a cop out?

What did you make of it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just watched this. Very good movie. Very sad from Tom's perspective. At the end I felt like he was going to be unhappy for a looong time, so it's a bit of a downer, but a good movie.

Goodnight&Go

I really liked the film, and the ending. They were a cute couple, but in a 'cute but not forever' kind of way. I loved the format of the film, flipping between the days.

Karma Police

I think Summer was very real. She didn't want to hurt Tom, she told him that she didn't want a serious relationship. Tom had his hopes up too much and as his sister said, he didn't see the bad things, he saw everything in a positive way.

The realitvy vs expectation scenes were great, very realistic.

I watched a JGL interview the other day and he was asked about the scene where Tom talks with his reflection in the mirror and if he did it himself and he said then:

Kids never be ashamed of talking into the mirror. It's perfectly healthy...take it from me.

:lol: :love:

BTW: There is a JGL thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f26/joseph-g...-1-a-62797528/

Karma Police

Them not getting together was quite realistic imo. They were looking for something else, he was in love, she wasn't. A relationship based on that would have been a disaster. Besides it was told in the beginning of the movie that it wasn't a romantic comedy and that it wasn't a love story but a story about love and it was.

michelleackles

they were and because of that I AHTED the ending

imightsee

What I liked about this movie was hat it was really, real.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

YES! I love this movie SO much because of JGL! He's my new love, too, as well. :love:

I didn't really hate or love Summer. She wasn't exactly villainous. I don't think she meant to hurt Tom. She's indecisive (which I'm sure a lot of us were at one point or another) when it comes to relationships. There's a lot of misunderstanding/miscommunication when it came to Summer and Tom. Sometimes, we just end up being hurt just because things don't come out as we want them to be. Like what happened in Tom's case. I definitely sided with and felt sorry for Tom.

-Supersonic-

I don't know, I don't think it's the same thing. But I think that's probably because after watching Kieslowski's films - especially the colours trilogy - I completely changed my concept about anti-comedy, anti-romance, anti-tragedy, etc. Because Kieslowski inverts everything in his anti- films. It's not just atypical, you know, it's totally inverted. So I guess that affected my concept of these anti- films. So, yeah, maybe 500 Days of Summer is an anti-romantic-comedy, just not Kieslowski-like, because I can't expect all anti- films to be like Kieslowski, especially because Kieslowski is incomparable.

ElizaSparrow

Yeah, I think it's kinda sad though :shrug: But that's why I loved the ending! I think it was really good they didn't end up together and that he grew up! I think the movie rocks too

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information