Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    bigflames

How do you judge a movie

i base it on alot mostly visual (cinematics), lighting, acting, general plot and storyline, editing , script and general themes for the most part, as long as it has a clever premise or it's original i usually enjoy it

homerschum

How do you judge a movie

Entertianment value

Did it keep my interest? Did I find it boring? etc

How do you judge a movie

Sadia :lol: that's the way it is with everyone I guess. It's true you can't judge all genres of movies based on the same criteria.
    If we did, we'd like maximum 1% of all movies. That is if you want a documentary to make you laugh, and a comedy to give you chills, ... Wouldn't that be funny? :lmao: And wouldn't the film makers be happy?!

Jacob1983

How do you judge a movie

The movie either sucks or it doesn't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you judge a movie

I think that's the way I do it too. I say think because I'm actually very indecisive and change my mind a lot, so the way I judge a film will change, depending on what type it is. For example, if it's a blockbuster, then I'll want to be entertained, but if I'm watching a documentary, then the level of expectations will be different and I want it to be informative, but if it's a comedy, then it has to be funny, and so on and so forth.

Usually the storyline/plot is important to me, though. The more unique the story, the better, and more so if it's executed in a clever way. Also it has to draw me in. Actors/performances are also important, because it's up to them to make me care about a character, or at least make me interested in them, and make me want to watch them. Direction can be important, but I think that again depends on the type of movie, and who the director is.

I don't think that answer was pointful at all, because basically, the way I judge a movie changes depending on what it is :lol:

Melika

How do you judge a movie

Some movies I see are also based on critiques, not necessarily by critics themselves, but from friends or family that may have seen the movie.

oywidapoodles

How do you judge a movie

The same way I judge a song.

Voice, talent (acting)

then lyrics (script)

and music, melody (theme, set, etc.)

Melika

How do you judge a movie

That's the best way to put it. "Case by case"

How do you judge a movie

I thought I replied to this thread but I can't see my post. I guess something went wrong when I was posting it. Anyway, my post was basicly the same as yours, cherrios. For a second there, I thought I was reading my own post :lol:

I judge a movie on storyline and the way it was delivered first and formost. Then I believe casting is very important: if you don't believe the characters, then why bother?
    Entertainment is also important and the flow of the scenes.

fattyboomboom21

How do you judge a movie

director. cast. plot/writing.sound track pretty much does it. sometimes the special fx too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information