Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    LittleMilkJug

How do you judge a movie

It all goes by how many times I look at my watch (in the cinema) or zap to another channel (when watching a film at home). I like freshness of direction and acting and at the end of the day I guess I like simple and uncomplicated plots.

leahn

How do you judge a movie

The originality of the movie, the cast and the special effects..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

moonrox

How do you judge a movie

If it's piqued my interest enough to get me there, it has already scored major points.

Then as some other have said, I begin to critique the movie on storyline originality and how cheesy it is. If it gives me a different perspective on things in real life then I might just like it.

If during the movie I realize that an actor(s) cannot act while I'm viewing the film, that can ruin a movie for me. I also pay attention to the mise en scene, match cuts, dissolves, and other film techniques. If the film portrays or pulls off the technique well, then that scores major points with me. I also :love: love love when a film has original quotes.

Other than that, I view every movie on a case by case basis.

cherrios

How do you judge a movie

Nothing bugs me more about movies when someone says a movie sucks, but then they don't give any reasons for why they disliked it.

I would have to say the script, flow of the movie, shooting of the movie, acting/casting, and music of the movie are the most important to me.

Any movie can be the cardboard tale of two people meet, they fall in love, there is an obstacle, they make up, and then live happily ever after. But if you take that story and get strong actors and a clever script, it could get better. Then a great soundtrack, with the music connecting with the scene in just that perfect moment is great. I love when directions use different shots to show the story and it's not the same stuff you see over and over.

ultranet

How do you judge a movie

for you, how do you judge a movie
    1. Directions
    2. Storyline
    3. Cast
    4. Soundtrack
    5. Others/Any?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information