Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Remy

WHY did my Dodge D250 p/u suddenly die and refuse to "fire"?

I started my p/u to let it warm up while I packed it for deer hunting. It idled fine and after 15 minutes took off. It drove fine until about 4 miles and just died! ALL elec power was there. Called my son who was to meet me and by the time he got there (3 mins) I had it started and running again. We took off and it back fired a few times (which it has been doing occassionally for months now and I understand is a problem with the computer?) but ran OK. About five more miles down the road it died AGAIN and this time it DID NOT start up. Hours later we returned and I even dumped some gas in the carb to NO avail. I thought it wasn't getting spark but it was then too bright to see if there was spark. It's an old beat up p/u which obviously I don't want to get buried in. However, if I could replace something(s) were it sits to get it going again I'd do so. ANY Dodge mechs out there think they know what it could be? THANKS!

dodge man
    it sounds like you just had a coil go dead on it when they go bad that's how they do ,they run until they get hot and the the engine does on you,then it restarts once it cools off but eventually the coil goes all the way out,id check that first,dodge had a lot of problems from the coils,good luck.

kelly_f_1999
    my guess would be coil bad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information