Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    p_j_supporter

"If you're so depressed, how come you're eating pizza?" - Movie Board Club #9

I love French films - Amelie and 8 Femmes spring to mind, they were both amazing!

The film that has left the biggest impression on me recently is The Pianist - beautifully filmed, with a really powerful performance from Adrien Brody. Glad it won a few main Oscars!

A film I can't wait to see, at the risk of sounding cliche, is The Matrix Reloaded, but its been so long since the first film!

Neverland,Cold Mountain, Kill Bill, Le Divorce and X-Men 2 all look great too!

I was looking round the IMDB today, and discovered an upcoming film Picasso at the Lapin Agile - starring Kevin Kline, Steve Martin, Ryan Phillippe and Juliette Binoche.

Sounds exciting!

milimilou

I'm sorry Laura you can't see the pic. I just sent it to you via e-mail, so hopefully you'll see it there [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

shrrshrr, I didn't see The Cat's Meow, so I'm sorry I can't help you out. I didn't even know it was based on a real mystery.

A couple of French films came out this week.
    Le coeur des hommes written and directed by Marc Esposito - who was the Editor of the movie magazine Studio. He left a few years ago to write this screenplay. His movie is having great reviews.

And:
    Bienvenue chez les Roze with Carole Bouquet. The movie is getting pretty good reviews.

shrrshrr

Wow - Glenn Close looks fabulous as an older brunette! It's amazing what a hair chang can do to your looks.

Thanks for the new thread, Emilie, and yes, I have seen Lucas - your descriptions of the film jogged my memory. Must be a generation gap thing, because while I liked the film, I certainly wouldn't have raved about it. *considers checking it out again*

I watched The Cat's Meow last night, which was just okay (Kirsten Dunst was great!), but it raised a lot of questions in my mind about the real mystery. Too bad the extra features on the DVD didn't deal with that at all, so I guess I've got my research cut out for me.

Nsuck

Oh, Le Divorce looks good. Do tell more.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love the title [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Emilie - please give away more info on Le Divorce. I can't wait to see it. Unfortunately I can't see the pic though.

milimilou

I hope you don't mind I started our new thread with a quote from Lucas, since we were all talking about it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old Thread

I spent all day yesterday working on reshoots for Le divorce. James Ivory was not really happy with the ending, so basically the scene will remain the same but we added other stuff - I don't want to give too much away [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. It was really nice to see everybody again.
    The movie was supposed to come out in June in the US, but now it's been pushed back to August. Maybe it'll go to the Venice Film Festival, hopefully [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

To help you wait for the movie to come out, here's a pic of Jean-Marc Barr, Glenn Close, Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-04-2003: Message edited milimilou ]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information