Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    shrrshrr

"If you're so depressed, how come you're eating pizza?" - Movie Board Club #9

Wow - you could actually work to get them a distributor! I don't think it's impossible - I did it for a record company at a local store. I wanted them to carry the label, desperately, and they were hip to the idea.

It's also a good way to get your foot into the film industry door...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Mukooh, I'm so jealous that you get to see all those indie films as they come out.

I usually have to wait till video, and so I forget about most of them.

Thirteen and Lost in Traslation recently opened in my area... I hope to see both.

I bought a copy of The Eye off Ebay but haven't seen it yet.

I've finally had time to go to the theatre and saw Pirates of the Caribbean... great fun, enjoyed it much... Johnny Depp was awesome! Then saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico a couple of days later for more Johnny... I thought it was O-K... kinda weird.
    Then saw The Rundown last night... which I enjoyed.

I rented three DVDs which I'll watch sometime this weekend... The Mighty Wind, Spider and Lost in La Mancha.

Theatre-wise... I'm looking forward to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Kill Bill, Gothika, and *cough*House of the Dead*cough* [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] what?

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is (was? Hehe) the Big General Discussion. :lol: This is like the place where you come and maybe write an essay about whatever, or discuss the current state of cinema, wether Pixar going to Disney was the end of world, etc, etc, it's a free for all.

But mainly people just discuss/compare all kinds of movies instead of just focusing one. :wiggle:

shrrshrr

Wait - I'm still the mod, just using my other name in honor of the movie coming out this week (or were you teasing me?). And when did Laura stop being a mod??? I'm so confused!

Aww - too bad I can't meet you. I think it would have been fun. But if you're in town, let me know - we could at least get together for tea.

And I'm such a horrible person - I should have sent you a "Thank You" card because I absolutely love the movie and CDs - they're wonderful. I even played them for this guy I'm seeing, who's not only into the blues, but is a classically trained guitar player (went to music college, and everything).

I'm so sorry you're in a funk - wish I could think of a movie to cheer you up, but from Laura's tepid review, A Mighty Wind, which would have been my first choice, is out. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
    But I totally get what you mean about the other shoe dropping.

I'm not sure, but I think I'm over my Hindi movie craze for now. I just can't get back into it - I've seen too many mediocre ones (although the classics are still up there in my list of favorites). *sigh*

Maybe it's just the weather...

P Y R O

Where'd everybody go? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Which of the following should I watch?
    [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] X2 (for the 3rd time, hehe)
    [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Bringing Down the House
    [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
    [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The 25th Hour

P Y R O

Yeah, exactly what I was raving about 4/5 posts up. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

P Y R O

You know what sucks about this country? We'll probably never get Lost in Translation. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Heck, we never even got The Pianist or Far From Heaven. The common denominator? They're both from Focus Features. Methinks they don't have a distributor here in the Philippines.

Which totally stinks. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]

P Y R O

I haven't watched a movie since... Bruce Almighty nearly two weeks ago.

Punch-Drunk Love hits theaters in a couple of weeks! [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

PVCscully

Just found out he's playing in A Long Day's Journey Into Night on Broadway, until August 31st. And I just happen to be in New York during August for my holidays - looks like I shall have to (a) queue for years for an expensive ticket or (b) lurk like a stalker outside the stage door. (b) sounds good [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Profaine Angel

Oh god I want to see that!! I saw most of it when the animated Beauty And The Beast came out and liked it, then was so excited when I saw they were going to reair it a few weeks ago. Then they didn't because of all that silly war coverage, and there's no sign of it being rescheduled [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

As far as foreign film goes I haven't seen enough French - only Breathless comes immediately to mind and I can't say I was too impressed with that. But I love love LOVE German cinema [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information