I know this is a question that's asked often (and usually answered with no clear winner) but I have actually tried 2 of these modules and find it hard to decide. I currently have a Roland Juno-G and want to upgrade so I went to Guitar Centre and attempted to try out 'The Big Three' Workstations. Since I'm most familiar with Roland I tried out the Phantom G first, but the latest module they had was the Phantom G-6 and it was pretty much the same as my Juno-G. My question for the Phantom series is this: How different is the Phantom G-8 from the G-6? I then tried out the Yamaha Motif and I loved the feel of it, however I couldn't really figure out how to play the patches by themselves, I kept getting stuck with the samples. So my question for the Motif is this: Is it really difficult (or impossible) to play patches by themselves on the Motif or am I stupid? I then went to try out the Korg M3 only to find it not there. So my question for the the M3 is this: From a Recording and Sound standpoint, How different is the Korg M3 from the Yamaha Motif and the Roland Phantom G-8?