Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Nayden-fan868

2007 Academy Awards Discussion

I really hope Eddie does win. I really don't care much for him, still pissed at how he did Scary Spice and I think he did okay in DG not Oscar wow

Jacob1983

Can someone please explain to me how Jennifer Hudson paid her dues? Isn't she only like 25 and wasn't Dreamgirls her first movie? I don't really see how she paid her dues. I would have given the Oscar to the little girl in Little Miss Sunshine. Steve Carrell was better in Little Miss Sunshine than Alan Arkin mainly because Steve was in the movie longer.

I think a reason why Crash was the best picture last year was because it was a movie in which many people could relate to.

daritah

:lmao: Totaly agreeing with you with the Al Gore thing. It get it that we need to make the world a better place, and that the global warmming is coming our way. But that whole thing about making the guy go up there with Leo to say how badly our world is, we don't need that. We already know.
    I thought Cars would win, I really liked that movie and I think it was a shame. Happy Feet was good, but to me, the quality of Cars was way higher.

The Survivor

I am really happy for Martin and The Departed.

My only disappointments were for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress. I had originally wanted Jennifer but I changed my mind and wanted Abigail to win . I am really starting to think Jennifer has alot to prove and now that she has won I just hope she doesn't end up making really crappy movies like other past winners have done (Halle Berry Catwoman for example). I really think she will be a forced to be reckoned with when she gets older. As for actor, as much I as like Forest and his speech which was touching, I was hoping for Leonardo DiCaprio or Peter O' Toole to get it.

I'm really glad Alan Arkin won.

jackiehydelover

Not trying to be mean I'm just giving an opinion which is what the board is for. I didn't like Dreamgirls and I don't think the either of them gave a good enough performance compared to the other nominees to win. Plus it's exciting when there are upsets so yes I was super excited when Eddie lost. And when it comes to Jennifer I just don't think that she has paid her dues in Hollywood to win an Oscar. She swooped in and was all 'I'll talk that' (not literally).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I merged the two Oscar discussion threads.

*Dominique*

I don't think J.Hud won only because of the singing part because yes she has talent but at the same time I think her singing can be over the top just like Beyonce sometimes. J.Hud won because of the emotion she got through the screen in Dreamgirls. I know I was crying while watching her scenes in the movie and I fell for her character so this is why I believe she won. Not just the singing. I fell asleep while watching Ray so I cannot comment on Jamie Foxx and while I don't really like the actor for some reason, I will admit that he made me hate his character so badly in Dreamgirls that I wanted Jamie to get at least a nomination for best actor or best supporting actor for Dreamgirls but he did not...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh man, I really wanted Mark to win the Oscar. Oh well, Alan Larkin was really great so, here's to him. Still. None of my 3 top guys for that category won, crap! First downer of the night.

obsession as an art form

Although I hate that Little Miss Sunshine didn't win the big award, I'm thrilled Alan Arkin won for Best Supporting Actor. And Ellen was an awesome host. She really made the show worth watching.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yay, I was actually awake for the Oscar noms announcement! :clap: Yay me. Haha.

This year the Oscar race for Best Actor is really interesting! I know Forest Whitaker will probably take it, and goodness, I'll applaud for him from my living room. But to see all that talent nominated really wins my heart. I want all of them to win. This is great for young talent like Ryan Gosling and Leo Dicaprio (he's still young and becoming a better actor with every passing day).

For Best Actress it's between Helen & Meryl, right? But Penelope and Kate could pull the upset, I'm sure.

I practically gasped whe they announced Leo for Blood Diamond... Which I haven't seen. I'll have to get on that!

Okay, Mark Wahlberg must win for The Departed! I would be in heaven for weeks! I'm so thrilled he got nominated!! Though I haven't seen Blood Diamond yet I want Djimon Hounsou to win if Mark doesn't.

---

I'm excited for Martin Scorsese! This could be his year to win that well deserved Oscar! But there's some amazing people on that list, they all would be great winners.

---

Cinematography award will probably go to Pan's Labyrinth but The Illusinist is the winner, here. The first 4 minutes of the movie I commented on the awesome cinematography. I'm still bitter that The NewWorld lost this award last year!

--

Visual Effects should go to Dead Man's Chest because they were not only breathtaking, but most of them were practical. And the CGI used to created the Flying Dutchman's crew was nothing short of brilliance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information