Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    -res cogitans-

2007 Academy Awards Discussion

I predicted 14/24....

i was sad about Pans Lab and Adrianna losing... but happy for Marty and departed

Beyonce really rocked it out on Listen...she grabbed the spotlight back from Jennifer in that

obsession as an art form

But that's what made the role so great. How many movies have you seen where children actually act like children? Not too many. Plus, Abigail had the maturity to pull off all of the emotional highs and lows that part required. She carried that movie (and without much direction or advice from her older, more experienced co-stars as I understand it). She is the heart and soul of LMS, and without her I doubt the movie would be doing as well as it is. JMHO.

broken|smile

Well from what Ive heard 21 grams is supposed to be better than BAbel, so I dont really think Babel will win, I think any of the others (except from Little Miss Sunshine) have a better chance to win.

broken|smile

I dont think theyd give it to Marty this year as much as Id love to see him finally get an oscar. I think they and Marty himself would have much MUCH more publicity this way, he is known as the director who didnt win an oscar despite a trillion nominations, so I think theyd keep it that way so that people would watch more of his movies to see what the hype is about and people would watch the oscars more to see if its finally his night, I think this year is also Clint, (I hate to admit it but I do!)

I would be speechless if I won an oscar for best director, that is the thing I dream of becoming I cant even imagine another job for me other than director, so I just think Ill forget everything. If I were to be nominated itd be in foreign movie cause I am from Iran and my first movies will be persian.

PiCkLeS4dAwSoN

So deserving, about time too! And, congrats to The Departed!

Jacob1983

There has already been an upset. Allan Arkin won for best supporting actor over Eddie Murphy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It doesn't bother me that Jennifer Hudson shouldn't get an Oscar because she hasn't "paid her dues" like other actors/actresses. I'm more irritated with that an actress shouldn't win an acting award for singing because that's what the Grammy and Tony awards are generally for. Of course, I could be wrong about her performance because I haven't and don't plan on seeing Dreamgirls unless it's free.

However, I can at least understand why Jamie Foxx won for Ray because the man was pretty good with Ray Charles, which somewhat applies to Reese for Walk the Line (although I thought Felicity should have won), etc.

broken|smile

I also think Edward Norton got snubbed this year, And I really hope MArty finally wins, as Leo pointed out, its becomming like some sort of a practical joke!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Benicio Del Toro was nominated for Best Supporting Actor but lost. I'll look this up.

Ok, I checked Naomi Watts didn't win her category so no, 21 Grams didn't win an Oscar.

taovande

The noms weren't that bad today! Glad to see Dreamgirls left out (they still lead the pack though with 8 nominations--3 of which are for song) of the best picture race--as I wasn't a fan of the movie.

I'm pulling for Scorsese to finally finally get his Oscar for director. And I'm pulling for either The Departed, Little Miss Sunshine or Babel to get the big prize as I loved all three of these movies (I'm seeing Iwo Jima and The Queen sometime this week hopefully--so this could change, but I doubt it)

I think Forest and Helen are locks (unless they get sentimental and give it to Peter O'Toole).

I think Adriana Barraza deserves the oscar over Jennifer Hudson. And Mark Whalberg or Djimon Hounsou deserves it over Eddie Murphy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information