Statistically proven, women have a higher pain tolerance than men. Countless studies have shown this to be accurate, and it was even tested on television via "Mythbusters."

It would make sense for women to have a naturally higher pain tolerance due to having to endure child birth.

Is it just that women whine more to get sympathy from the male they are with? Do men feel more pain, but hide it to appear "macho?" Do men have a higher tolerance to mild pain, but can't handle extreme pain whereas women can endure the extreme better?

Have always been curious since whenever my fiance stubs her toe, or walks into a wall, or has something happen, she acts like she is dieing. I could be bleeding from misc. cuts, have bruises all over, etc and barely notice until I actually see that it is there. I am a clutz so maybe my tolerance has been increased over time due to being accident prone?

Any thoughts?
Well, the studies show more of a "raw" tolerance to pain. This is, they are all tested individually with nobody but the tester in the room. So they are testing against themselves.

Whining, in general I believe, is determined largely on who is around you. Its purpose is to gain sympathy. You don't generally whine to a room do you? (Minus a large OUCH if something happens.)

You don't go "man, this reeaaaaly hurts" "stings!". The room won't respond so you don't bother.