Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Storm 2 on Rogers

When will they be releasing the storm 2 on Rogers??

By all accounts from various sources it appears as its going to happen, and a lot of sources were reporting it would be around the same time as Verizon released it.

So whats the hold up? Are they waiting for the buzz to cool off for the Bold 2?

I think they missed a huge opportunity for major sales and new customers by not doing this before Christmas. I am sick of waiting and I'm considering switching carriers. With Bell now GSM I don't feel that loyal to Rogers anymore.

Whenever they get their **** together I hope they at least have enough in stock to satisfy the demand. A Rogers rep told me the wait for a Bold 2 is about 6 weeks, and even then they weren't sure if you would get on by then.

brandyd7

Storm 2 on Rogers

From what I heard, they don't plan on carrying it. (I originally heard that we were supposed to see it by Dec 1st/2009).

I guess they're waiting for the bold3/storm3 () ha.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Storm 2 on Rogers

I was told by a rep that Roger's would NOT be getting the Storm 2. If you get a Bell or Telus Storm 2 and have it unlocked will the 3G work on the Roger's network..........

Brix L

Storm 2 on Rogers

Hi Kimberlee,

I've been told that Telus/Bell Storm2 devices will not work on Rogers 3G network. They will work however on the Edge network, and added benefit of having wifi...over the Storm1. Still a disappointment.

You'd be better to wait it out and hope that Rogers picks up the Storm3 when that bombshell drops. I have a feeling it will be one of RIM's huge devices of 2010. An attempt to really capture the consumer market with 6MP (rumoured) camera, similar small form factor like the iPhone 3GS, widgets (on new OS 5.1) ..alas, just rumours right now, but something to definitely get excited about.

Storm 2 on Rogers

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait and keep using my 9700 which is great (still trying to get used to the size compared to my 9000).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Storm 2 on Rogers

Just installed all service books on rogers with storm 2. it a fantastic device even though its only on EDGE network, i still think its worth it. However i am curious to find out why it doesnt work on the 3G and if its possible that an update could be release, i feel like theres no reason it shouldnt since the technology is in the hardware. as well at the top of my bb it says activation required (unlocked verizion edition) can i get rid of that by chance as well. any replys would be great. thanks

b_icyb

Storm 2 on Rogers

Enzo, have you had any luck enabling 3G? Or getting rid of the 'Activation Required' message?

Does every other feature work as intended?
    How is the browser speed with Edge and WiFi?

I am thinking of buying a Verizon unlocked Storm 2 now, just wondering if people are finding they're working perfectly on Rogers.

Any others with the Storm 2 on Rogers, I would be happy to hear your input as well.

BTMF

Storm 2 on Rogers

i believe we cannot get the 3g...tried everything even spoke with rogers lol they actually tried quite alot to try and help me.
    read the forum Storm and Storm 2/ how to make storm work on AT&T, and the activation required still if someone knows how please tell me lol...

Steps are simple ----> unlock ---->install sim---> call rogers ask for service books to be sent from tech support.-->setup your email, bbm..Etc

Works great on the EDGE network, wifi is awesome, and def have to get the os upgrade to .428 works way better for precision on where you wanna click the screen. Everything else works great.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Storm 2 on Rogers

"Activation required" is gone if anyone wants to know how to get rid of it these are the steps..

for 9550
    1) type ##000000
    2) change the first field to you cell number ie. directory ex. 403xxxxxxx
    3) country code 302, mobile network code 72
    4)hit blackberry button, save changes, it will reboot and say your rogers at the top

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Storm 2 on Rogers

Thanks Enzo.
    I should be getting my Storm 2 in the next week or so.

If you have any luck getting 3G to work keep me updated!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information