Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bri babe

Tutorial : Browsing & other cool apps on Rogers' 15$ plan UPDATED CONSTANTLY !!

heh sorry. I have the rugualr rogers 15 rmail BB data. Now what my question was is, if i start using the things on you tutorial, does the data i am using from that come from my unlimited 15, or will i need to sign up for a 5 or 10 mb wap data plan ( the once that regualar phones uses" 5 and 10 bucks")?

Britni Warner

you cant have two data plans at the same time they would cancel each other and you would end up paying full price for data. Just read my tutorial again and youll realize that you need to be on the 15$ and use somebody's sim that has the 5 or 10 or somebody that would pay full price for u while you download apps with their sim card (it would cost them around 10bucks).

brittanysagex0

After doing a quick bit of research, I have a theoretical theory. According to Wikipedia:

We must be going through the WAP APN, from which all traffic from BB Messenger and Emails goes. The Web/Internet APN must be the one being metered by the provider. If this holds true, then yes, theoretically, if Opera can use the WAP APN, it shows just like mail/IM traffic and so is unmetered/unlimited. Hopefully if it is, hooray for Opera!

brandyt3747

yes this is exactly what i was saying. we are using the http loophole rogers has in their wap transport. thats why if you setup your tcp to internet.com you are using the WEB apn which is gonna cost you money.

good find

Bob Sanchezel

I am confused, i did a desktop instalation for opera, i made my settings internet.com in BB TCP setting menu. After tried opera it connects fine....I eraced my tcp settings in bb,did a battery pull right after that opened opera and it still works....Well am i doing something wrong, i know this is the whole point of doing this, but the way i did this, will this cause data charges?

I have 15 plan.

PS: just in case i tried to open wap browser and do more shortcut on my blackberry and they did not work. So i am guessing i did everythig right. In regrads to the 15+2MB of data, i checked online and my data paln is still the regualr 15. Also can i have the +2 data plan without knowing? Will rogers push the service books me, and if the do push that setting, how would i know.

EDIT: i tried every other application like face book and stuff and neither work. so my guess i did the opera thing right

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information