Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

If we all threaten to drop the data plan unless they offer us a better deal like TMO on unlimited data?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

Why not just switch to T-Mobile?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

How do you propose we do that?

I don't think switching to an American carrier would accomplish anything. First, I keep hearing on the international data plan it only covers e-mail, but there is debate on the issue. Secondly, It wouldn't be very nice of me if everyone that wanted to talk to me had to call an American number. I don't even know if anyone on pay as you go would even have the ability to do so. Lastly, if our dollar takes a dive it could possibly increase the monthly bill substantially.

I don't currently have a Blackberry, but am nearly certain I will get one close to February. I'm open to any ideas on how to bring the price down on the expensive cost of Robbers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

no because people pay it they dont need to worry about 10 people

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

I was in Quebec City last year for a few days, I was ok doing the data, but OMG when I saw what the very few minutes of phone call cost.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

i don't think so... just switch to tmo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

Tmo does have better pricing but I feel the coverage is not as great.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

Alright gents, lets think before we post. I hate to sound like the bad guy in the forum, but you cant suggest to switch to an American carrier when this is a Rogers (Canada) forum. The op only used T-Mobile as an example because of the low cost and that availability of unlimited data, something that is not available in Canada as of yet. Rogers has a $100 CDN for 200 MB, but that's the most data you can get without paying overages to my knowledge.

I know you guys have a better deal, but it only works for your country. Stop bragging about it or share you experience of using an American carrier while living in Canada as I don't see how it would be useful.

I appologize if I offend someone, but sometimes I see the posts and go

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

~via BB (wap.rabroad.com)~

Tvguru: you did not offend! I was thinking the same thing!

The term "unlimited" is a bit of a catch. How much is a person going to use a BlackBerry anyway? I've tried! Tried hard to get to 40 MB, and it's hard! I do all my work email and calendar and all things Exchange on my BlackBerry, as well as my own personal email, in addition to rabroading and news reading, with a few trips on Google Maps and BlackBerry Maps, and it's a stretch to get more than 3 or 4 MB per day.

Rogers has a 50 MB plan which is more than sufficient.

There is, from what I understand, a tiered system where US users pay different prices for BES or BIS; this is something Rogers does NOT have.

And speaking of tiers, put this into perspective culturally! Sure, Americans may only pay $20 a month for BlackBerry Data Plan, but what do they pay for health insurance? Do they have health insurance? I'm sure if we compared monthly bills there, us Canadian users would definitely come out ahead with more service for less price.

Another thing to consider is competition level, there are only 3 national wireless carriers in Canada, the US has 6 (at least), and in most markets has perhaps several more regional carriers.

Additionally, most wireless carriers in the US are NOT landline providers as well; in Canada, all wireless carriers are also landline carriers.

The competition is not going to drive wireless prices so low in Canada that they sacrifice their own landline customers in the process!!

So until a carrier emerges which is national and doesn't have landline services, they're likely won't be many price deductions in wireless services in Canada.

And, if you think that a BlackBerry is too expensive from Rogers, or Telus or Bell, then don't get one. When you're paying $20 a month, and some other country is paying $5, then $20 will be too expensive.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would this work?

I agree with Lewis... You're always right my friend.
    And personnally, yeah price in Canada are high but when I consider all the problems that the pearl bring in here 'cause even for $20 most of the noob in here where not willing to pay so in Canada we won't have the problem of someone who bought a BB to be cool most of people that own a BB in Canada are business people and can afford it
    Yeah I really want to see a drop in their prices but not too much I don't want to have to deal with customer that just want an expensive phone, I want customer that want a BB which is actually a PDA not a "phone"

Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information