Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    N. Cognito
    It started with an armed revolution to cast off tyranny from a foreign power...

Natasha B
    2 cultures

1 urban, some feel they need a gun for protection

2 rural, usually for hunting, I know families who depend on harvesting game to feed their families.

All fall under the same laws, I guess it has it's issues, but in England and Russia and other countries they use homemade air guns to kill each other so not sure if it's the problem or just makes it easier.

somgu21
    Because democracy can't last if the only ones who have guns are the government.

Themis
    Guns have maybe become too much of a good thing in this country.

However our legal right to own them is guaranteed by our constitution so that we may defend our freedom if we have to. Sure, the government passes laws to protect our freedom but the only thing that will keep a dictator from taking over is the fact that our citizens will never permit it and have the means to prevent it. If you guys ever need help up there. Just give us a call. We'll get you the guns and ammunition to overthrow an oppressive dictator. Heck we may even join in.

timothy_k_weiss
    It's to protect us from the British Army I think... Or our own government? Or to shoot moose with just for fun.

I think most people buy it for protection. I'd never get one though.

storm_bringer_005
    Your best bet is the National Rifle Association. Most Americans believe in their Constitutional right to own and bear arms. (I'll break character here for a moment and admit that I do not allow myself to own any because of fits of depression. I would only need one bullet...) There are many false remarks about gun ownership and myths that have been circulated, and people will cite that nonsense to "prove" to you that (a) we don't have the right to own firearms, and (b) firearms are evil.

storm_bringer_005
    Your best bet is the National Rifle Association. Most Americans believe in their Constitutional right to own and bear arms. (I'll break character here for a moment and admit that I do not allow myself to own any because of fits of depression. I would only need one bullet...) There are many false remarks about gun ownership and myths that have been circulated, and people will cite that nonsense to "prove" to you that (a) we don't have the right to own firearms, and (b) firearms are evil.

Thomas SR
    Long ago the British tried to take the guns and ammunition away from Americans. It didn't turn out to well for them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information