Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

email mp3's to your phone: quick guide

I ended up getting this to work. I went back and realized I made my midi tone a little bigger than 300k. Still wish I could do mp3's like I used to.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can save a trimmed 20-30 sec mp3 file on a memory card in the my_sounds folder, then send the sound as an MMS message to yourself and save as a ringtone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nope for some reason my phone is not recognizing the sounds.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not working for me either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have found with most people on the Verizon network that the way I do it works great and it is very easy. Go to magix.com and download Magix Ringtone Maker 3 free download. Once downloaded, create your ringtone and make it around 30 seconds. On destination click on mp3 audio format. Then click export and then ok. Now it is saved on your computer as an mp3 ringtone file. Go to your write e-mail. Attach your ringtone to your e-mail and type in the address box: your cell [email protected]. It will come to you as a picture/ audio message. Open the message and the ringtone will start to play. Click on options and select "save as ringtone". It is now saved as a ringtone and you shouldn't have to worry about ringtone size. Most of mine are around 350KB. I probably have 10 ringtones on my phone so far. By the way, my phone is the LG env2 and I was also told that on most Verizon phones that the ringtone cannot be on the sd card. It has to be saved on the phone memory.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This actually has alot to do with what kind of phone you have, you sometimes have to make (extra) modifications to the tone before sending it off...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yea

Mhm

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

honestly, thats way to much work. just go to phonezoo and upload the file, then crop it how you like and have it textd to you. way easy

JIC, with verizon you cant send it as a ringtone. you have to send it as a sound and save the sound as a ringtone. go to phonezoo.com and set up an account. upload your file and crop it. then send it as a text. when it comes through save it as a sound, then as a ringtone. it took me FOREVER to figure this out, its a verizon anti file share thing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If all of you with Verizon will do it the way I said earlier in this thread, you will not have to create an account with anybody. It is all done yourself and doesn't take long. Here is what I put on here earlier:

I have found with most people on the Verizon network that the way I do it works great and it is very easy. Go to magix.com and download Magix Ringtone Maker 3 free download. Once downloaded, create your ringtone and make it around 30 seconds. On destination click on mp3 audio format. Then click export, save at 96Kbit/s and then ok. Now it is saved on your computer as an mp3 ringtone file. Go to your write e-mail. Attach your ringtone to your e-mail and type in the address box: your cell [email protected]. It will come to you as a picture/ audio message. Open the message and the ringtone will start to play. Click on options and select "save as ringtone". It is now saved as a ringtone and you shouldn't have to worry about ringtone size. Most of mine are around 350KB. I probably have 30 ringtones on my phone so far. By the way, my phone is the LG env2 and I was also told that on most Verizon phones that the ringtone cannot be on the sd card. It has to be saved on the phone memory.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi newbie here, I have a LG EnV2 also and tried the above post's directions and all I get on my message on my phone it the email but no attachment. When I go to message info it shows the right size Kb. What am I doing wrong?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information