Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

email mp3's to your phone: quick guide

There is a way easier way to do this. There is a site, you u/l your mp3. Then you tell it what part of the song you want as your ring tone. They will send it to you 100% spam free. It takes a while using the free version, and I do know they let you buy credits to get instant tones.

When I made some ring tones it took me 1 minute per ring tone. The site used to be called smashthetones.com but they changed it to mobile17.com I have never received any spam text from using this service.

I was pissed :flamemad:however that Verizon modified the firmware of some phones no longer allowing you to save attachments as ring tones; those S.O.B.'s; so I haven't used it in a while.

The address will be yourphone#@vtext.com

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what type phone do you have and what is the EXACT firmware on your phone? reason I ask is that verizon has changed the location where download and recorded sounds go since the original firmwares were released that allowed doing this. If you have a Razr v3* or Krazr phone, I have managed a workaround for this (it should be manageable on any phone that has USB transfers enabled though, or a seem edit done to it that will enable them). That can be found at Hacktherazr.com -> guides section -> programming -> restoring some useful ringtone functions.

let me know what type phone you have and the firmware on it, then we can move forward. some of the newer firmwares require it to be qcp extension for it to be useable like that.

again... what type phone do you have? if it is a razr v3m or krazr k1m (theoretically any phone that has a transflash card) you can put the video on the root of the transflash card (not in any folders) needs to be in .3gp, .3g2, or .mp4 format on the razr phone. Get me a copy of arcconfig.ini file off of the phone by hooking up to the phone with BitPim (need drivers and usb cable) arcconfig.ini file can be found at /brew/mod/arcmedia/arcconfig.ini

AFAIK @vtext.com is only for SMS, and NOT for MMS. I think that I have seen elsewhere that the proper server for MMS is @vzwpix.com .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Vspec,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Its very helpfull. Its working on my Phone.

Regards

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good to know

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is for verizon?? and once you do all this and send it...yu will receive the ringtone as .qcp?? or MP3 format?? becuzz i want it as mp3 format*!!! i used to get them mp3 from a site funformobile myxertone, but now i get them QCP...so my question is..doing all this work [convertin to .mid] will i get it as Mp3 format?? please help me, thank alott

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need 5 posts - LOL!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well if the email method doesn't , if you have a cable that connect your phone to your PC, you can download ringtones for free from my site. You can even request a specific ringtone and Ill toss it up on the site for.. and yes its free...lol
    tonedup.blogspot.com

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I fit wont let you set it as a ringtone, its most likely because the file is too big. Make sure its no bigger than 300kb. I have ones on my site that are that size or smaller. what kind of phone do you have?

tonedup.blogspot.com

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As far as I can tell none of this works with Verizon anymore. I was a Cingular customer for four years and switched so that the wife and I only had one cell bill. Anyway, I am well versed or was anyway in getting ringtones to my cell.
    I had no problem doing it when I first came to Verizon about two moths ago. I chopped a couple of songs converted to mp3 and did the fun for mobile thing bam no problem. Then this week I went to do a couple more and I can't get them to my phone (I have read Verizon has disabled WAP downloading). I put them on my sd card via USB and the phone won't read them. And yes I did make a my_ringtones file. The phone even erases music from my phone that I have transferred from my PC to my phone. I tried emailing several different formats and still a no go. I have full tv shows and movies on my phone that I downloaded and encoded to 3gp and I have no problem getting them on there and playing them. The only thing I had to do was move a video I took with my phone to the card before it would recognize them, however, you are unable to move ringtones.

I am using a Samsung SCH-550.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information