Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Forwarding Calls

I have an at&t cell phone provided by my work that I cannot text or do any fun stuff on so I got personal at&t service and an Iphone. So I ended up with two cell phones that I had to carry around. Someone suggested to me that I forward my calls from my work phone to my personal cell phone and thats what I did. My question is if someone calls my work number (which is forwarded) and I answer does it use the minutes from my personal cell phone or the minutes from my work cell?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forwarding Calls

Forwarded calls use minutes from the line of the phone originally dialed as well as the wireless number to which the call is forwarded. You might run up on on the 750 minute limit for call forwarding if you receive a lot of business calls which are forwarded. You also come up on the problem of calling business callers back from your personal number. Eventually business callers will be dialing your personal number directly. There also would be no voicemail on the employer's phone since you would be forwarding the calls elsewhere.

To avoid problems with your employer, I would advise you to keep your employment-related calls separate from your personal calls. What is so difficult about carrying two phones?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forwarding Calls

They use both as the previous post said. Is it really worth having two cell phones? One is enough for me

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forwarding Calls

Can you give back the work phone and then have them subsidize your iPhone bill? This way, you can have one phone, and work can use your iPhone to call you. This is how I worked it our with my company. Depending on company policies and the nature of your business this may not work for you, but I would think it's an option worth exploring.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information