Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Phone(s)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Phone(s)

I can't believe that Alltel doesn't know that it is alienating its customers. Maybe they just don't care. Every once in while all of my IT co-workers get together for lunch and the conversation topics are pretty much always gadget and tech related. They pretty much all have an iphone, a droid, or a newer winmo device. They've asked in the past why I hold on to such an old phone. They know how I always try to keep up with the latest tech trends. I just have to explain that I'm with Alltel and that's why I don't have a new phone.

I said it in a previous post and I'll say it again. I hope that Alltel doesn't price the Hero extremely high. I have a feeling that they will because it will be their "premier" phone. They can kiss me goodbye if that happens.

The Hero/Eris is going for $80 on Verizon with no rebate.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll surprise us and the android phone will be either the HTC Incredible or HTC Legend that other carriers are getting in the next month or so.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Phone(s)

Your HTC 6800 was released when? 2006 or 2007? I'd hardly call that keeping up with the tech trends. There have been gobs of phones since then. I know this may come as a surprise to all of you, but I still doubt that there are going to be the amount of phones released that there used to be. Alltel is essential a carrier with 2 million subs now. Think of all the other smaller regional carriers. How is their phone selection doing?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Phone(s)

I said that I "keep up with" tech trends. I didn't say that I buy everything that is released. My pockets aren't that deep. You act as if Alltel has tons of other high end phones to choose from. All of their phones besides the TP are crap. Upgrading from the 6800 to the TP isn't worth it at all. The TP was never really a good phone to begin with.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Phone(s)

I completely agree. I've owned both phones, and can vouch that the Treo Pro is awful. Despite being older technology, I think the 6800 was much better. This baffles me seeing as how both phones were manufactured by HTC. I don't understand how it got such consistently high ratings. I am hoping to get this new Android phone, whatever it is, assuming I can activate it with my converted Alltel plan. I'm afraid that since this phone is coming out after the Verizon takeover, it won't be in their ESN database. But, a man can dream.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Phone(s)

^^^^ I'd be ecstatic if Verizon would take over my Alltel account here in MT. I'm gonna eat $400 in ETF just to dump alltel, then probably another 2 to 300 hundred to sign up with Verizon for the new phone I want (HTC Incredible or Nexus One). Sounds crazy, but otherwise I'm over a year from any upgrades on Alltel anyway. No way I'l make it that long on this blackberry flip. Ironically, I was foaming at the mouth a year ago for the flip to be released on Alltel in the first place. It's my first foray into smartphones. Unfortunately, blackberries are so very outdated with their hardware comparing to android I can't take waiting another 14 months to upgrade. If Alltel would at least offer phones with technology based in the same calendar year I'd just stick with them. But they don't. Even Verizon lags behind Sprint, T-mobile, etc with releasing the newest phones available. I really want the HTC EVO (Sprint) coming out in June, but there is no Sprint in MT! The Incredible or Nexus one will work fine..... if they themelves will ever be released!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information