Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Service in NE Ohio has changed.

Well I knew the day was coming I am roaming everywhere in Lake County. I live in Ashtabula County and service still seems to be the same. Verizon is changing over the towers. I went to the Verizon store the other day and brought it up and they said they are changing them over at night. My service now stinks!:doh: Alltel was great going to have to change now...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I live in Ashtabula County as well, very close to the Lake county border (Harpersfield/Geneva Area to be exact.) And the last 3-4 weeks of service has been hell. I use my phone to contact software vendors, etc. for my consulting business and my phone has basically been useless at my house. Major issue for many of my friends as well since the area where i sit near a river valley was covered pretty well by Alltel but didnt work with Verizon service. My calls are dropped after about 30 seconds consistently. I have been argueing with Alltell about it forever, the first 2 reps didn't believe me but now they know they have a major issue in the area because of all the calls from others. They say now it is an issue with most of the towers in Ohio? But one of my friends was told it was a tower issue just in our area (1 tower?), yet another friend was told they dont know what the problem is but are scrambling to figure it out. My phone only works now when the roaming symbol is on, and only for a little bit. The reps will say "we credit for dropped calls so you should be ok, which is bs. They arent catching all of the dropped calls and lady i quit calling someone after 3 failed attempts. Everyone also stops calling me Anyone have any idea what is going on for real? is this a permanent Tower change? There is no way i should be getting answers like "No estimated time for fix, Not sure what problem is, and no credits for calls yet" when service as been affected horribly now for probably a month!

Sorry for rant, just fed up and wondering how hard it is to get out of a contract without incurring the $200.00 ETF!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I live in Saybrook closer to 45 and 90 and the service has changed at my house for sure. Dropping calls seems to be the norm now. How are they going to put any money into one Alltel county that is rural that has no population? Were like an island out here. I am waiting on a Windows mobile 7 phone for my work phone. Probably won't see one for a month or two. By the way howdy neighbor!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Verizon has stated after network integration is complete, the service will get better. I think people need to hold Verizon accountable and make sure Verizon gets the service working like it was with Alltel.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

And I am sure WHEN the integration is complete it will be. The issue is when they are in the process they convert Alltel towers to Verizon, leaving less Alltel towers for current Alltel subscribers to hit. When they 'flip the switch' and the Alltel subscribers receive their new SID and PRL, service returns. The issue is we never know when they are converting an area or how long it will take to complete.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know there are certain areas in Northern Michigan where the network is integrated and people there are still complaining about service not being so good.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well we all knew this was coming, i just cant wait for them to f-up the phoenix market too, all of my phones have been pushed onto the Alltel SID here for some reason by the network, so im not sure why that is, although it's nice to get a signal in my house now and have the phone actually ring.

my family in Ohio is complaining when they go up north around youngstown (VZW customers) that the service has gotten a lot worse, i wonder what they're going to do about it?

I am one of the people that is still an alltel customer that was part of the non-divested market (I think that is the correct term) that was recently bought up by A company down south, though the name of that company slips my mind. I notice a roaming icon on my phone much more often. I don't think they are charging me for it but at the same time i would assume that Alltel would make your phone hold on "tighter" to the Alltel towers now compared to before to control roaming costs to them? All i know is I am pretty much at a breaking point and i assuming many others are as well considering the customer service rep was using terms like "issues of this magnitude" and "affecting so many markets". Seems like bad timing for a company that was just purchased and already has current customers uneasy.............Verizon also has some nice phones right now. ALltel will be slow with phones for a while I am sure

I want a satellite phone or something

To the one living on 45 and 90 near austinburgh......howdy neighbor!! If you see a piece of ****, old, dark green Audi A6 driving around with the driver mashing his phone against the windshield over and over again that is me

I used to live in Austinburg and now live in Thompson. Just called Alltel and was told that the problem has been reported to Verizon for about a week now and has been moved to an escalated status because of all the complaints they have been getting. They have no eta on a fix but after things are fixed they will be looking at reimbursement for lost services.

So not much more then anyone else knows right now. They said to call back in a few days for an update.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Alltel customer service rep I talked to told me they are aware of an issue with dropped calls and are still working to fix it but she couldn't tell me when it would be fixed. does anyone have an update when it will be fixed? its a getting annoying

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information