Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How To Get MMS Working on Eris/Increadable Activated on Alltel

Welp...

Got my hands on an Alltel HTC hero today...

I tried to get every bit of provisioning information off of it that might have been missing on my eris.

I noticed that the Mobile IP default profile had plenty of information in it that my Eris had missing... I also notice, if I disable mobile IP profiles all together, 3G/1x still works perfect, only thing that doesnt work is MMS... so I'm figuring that MMS relies on the Mobile IP profile and that's it. I copied all the mobile IP information from the HTC Hero and applied it to my Eris. I copied the HA Authentication key using QXDM PST software, The HA key was 30 Characters the AAA password was 30 0's... the default and gateway IP's are all 0's. ... bleh, whatever, I basically cloned the Mobile IP settings, reset my Eris, settings stuck. Went to send an MMS, .. FAIL. I then tried one more time to backup the APN file on the Hero and copy it to my Eris and restore the actual XML backup file, restored without a hiccup, did mms work.. ??? NO.

Weird.

I'm totally weirded out.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have come to find out that the only way to get MMS working correctly on a NON-alltel branded android rom will have to have the Telephony.db system file from the Alltel Hero replaced witht he telephony.db file on your non-alltel android phone/rom.

This can only be done with a phone that is rooted using android SDK's terminal.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting... So who here can pull the file for us? I'm willing to be a guinea pig with my Eris if someone can get the file off a hero. Just getting into the gritty stuff with these Android phones and willing to learn, got mine rooted and ready to test.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

With my mother just getting the Alltel hero, I'll root hers and see if I can pull the telephony.db file for us.

If its a huge pita, I think i will be trading my eris for a hero here soon, I really like the ergonomics of the hero anyhoo, same phone other than that, on top of that the alltel rom has all good features of android os enabled without having to root, on top top top of that, theres a huge pile of roms and root options for the hero vs. the eris.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well *IF* you get it pulled that would be cool even if you go the Hero route yourself.. Please..

I've tried almost every modification I can think in many combinations on my telephony.db file to no avail. Has to be something stupid/simple I'm just not getting right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information