Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Droid X on alltel, progress, need a little help though.

I have an idea on how to get the HA Authentication key generated for the ESN of my Droid X, it's the only thing missing in the process of getting full 3G authentication; we've got the PPP USER/pass ([email protected]/alltel), we've got the HDR AN Authn. user pass ([email protected]/hex pESN), the only thing left is the HA Authentication key, for some reason, non alltel phones that have been programmed for alltel do NOT receive the HA authentication key when activated and must be entered manually, like all of the other keys too, the HA Authentication key is a generated key that alltel's network creates for your phone based on the ESN of the device being activated. The procedure to retrieve the key is probably something the mods would not like me to share though. Will report later this evening if successful.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very excited to hear the results steve...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Absolutely! Let us hear the results hopefully good things

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Method Alltel uses for PPP

Simple or Moible IP or Both

in Case of Simple IP you are not required to Create Profiles
    in Case of Mobile or Both you need to Create Profiles (Generally) HA is same for all Mobile across network and AAA is your PPP Password

What do you mean by this statement?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

HA is same for all Subcribers within same network

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will be watching this thread as well. I have an HTC Evo that is doing the exact same thing. 1X all the time shows 3G every blue moon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

UPDATE: Retrieved my correct HA Authentication key for my ESN of my droid on the alltel network, you'll have to google this info of how to do this... google for tidder blog. It is different from the two other smartphone users on our family shared alltel account, I think every user has a different HA Shared secret regardless of being on the same network... alltel's network generates the HA Shared secret key for you based on your ESN # of your phone.

I programmed the HA Shared key (HEX) using QPST and AAA (alltel in hex) in the M.IP active profile 0. After that, wrote my UM (alltel) and AN (hex esn) passwords, ... verified correct nam info for alltel's settings in my area comparing with an alltel branded phone, wrote all info to the droid, rebooted...

andddd.....

NO 3G still.

I seem to be getting the 3G logo more often than the 1X logo now, but going to ##PROGRAM Test Mode, in the HDR view, I am not getting an HDR IP Address.

This should be working, period. Making no sense. Hope someone can help. 1X is still working flawlessly regardless though.

Does Alltel use a proxy at all for EVDO communication like cricket that requires use of the u2nl and autostart.sh ??? Haven't tried this at all.

How about the /system.etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.options file? Anyone ever played with that?

hmmm....

So want this to work

droid_dubz, does the EVO have the ##778 MPST menu?... If so, thats all you need to do is program your phone in that menu, write the correct latest alltel smartphone PRL for your area, then go to the Security menu and enter [email protected] and your HEX ESN as the HDR password ... done, on my ERIS I never had to even enter an HA Shared Secret or mess with the M.IP profiles AT ALL, I left them at verizon values and oddly 3G worked perfectly on that phone activated on my alltel line for over 5 months.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I take it that Alltel will accept esn from a vzw phone with no problems? I'm thinking bout switching to alltel before AT&T changes the plans but I want my incredible. It's very easy to load prl files on a htc phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes they will. The HTC Eris and Incredible are DIRT simple to get up on alltel 100% with EVDO, the droid(s) are ... being a bi***

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information