Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alltel/AT&T divested markets

Yes i thought of Lincoln when i was typing that but there is only a few areas like that. What about cell ones huge coverage gaps past miles city? That more then cancels out the advantage of coverage in Lincoln and the other areas mentioned IMO

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

CellularOne has other, major, huge coverage gaps. Libby and Eureka (Lincoln County, basically) are huge ones that'll never be filled since they're not licensed there. I was just saying there are a couple meaningful places - like Lincoln, and the much detested Paws Up guest ranch (and scattered houses in the same area) where, if you worked/lived there, CellularOne would be amazing.

It's always all about your needs. But in general - for a city (if you can call anywhere in Montana that) dweller who randomly travels around, you're right - Alltel has a major advantage.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, I started a thread named "Any AT&tel Updates?" on the Temporary Buyout forum about a year and a half ago. Exactly like this one, but in a waaaay different timeframe. And a year and a half later, the state of things has not changed one bit! I'm getting my HTC PPC6800 that I bought on eBay the other day to replace my Motorola Q (never has worked right) this week. And I can see myself using it until I graduate in May 2011, and move out of this area, and this divestiture won't concern me anyway. I'll be in either Central California or North Texas enjoying my Motorola Droid (yeah, that's right) years before anyone here in Hobbs, New Mexico, or Montana, or anywhere else gets their AT&T coverage. And all because AT&T has drug this out for nearly 2 years now. Just goes to show you what a crappy company AT&T is. And how inefficient the FCC and FTC and whatever other governmental regulatory agencies are at handling transactions like this.

Meanwhile, thanks, AT&T! I'm going to enjoy my Connect Pack 1 and my barely used HTC Titan for a while yet!

You can hate AT&T all you want; until the FCC and DoJ give them the green light, I don't know what more you expect them to do.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"And all because AT&T has drug this out for nearly 2 years now. Just goes to show you what a crappy company AT&T is."

Whoa now... wait a second... AT&T wants to see this approved as much as you. This has *nothing* to do with any action or lack thereof on AT&T's part and everything to do with the Obama FCC giving way too much time for a few special interest groups to attempt to make their irrelevant arguments...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree Markie, I wonder how long the FCC can let this go, is there a dead line.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There's an informal "deadline" but it's non-binding. It is 180 days from public notice. That deadline passed in December. The FCC, can, legally, take all the time they wish on the transaction - years if they so desire.

It is hypocritical since they gave Verizon 180 days to find a buyer for the divested markets - and that was binding. Now they've gone far over their 180 days to process that transaction...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not think it is right that the FCC can hold up this for years if they want to. The bottom line is Alltel was bought by Verizon and the FCC needs to accept this and move on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its not right at all, by any stretch of the imagination. All the FCC is proving is that they hate the consumers and the small business owners who are suffering the most from this charade. With the economy one would just think they'd get through all the approvals as fast as possible so we don't see more people waiting to buy phones, and small businesses going out of business putting more people into unemployment.

I have thought many times there should be some class action suit allowed towards those pencil pushers in Washington, or wherever they are holding this all up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm glad it's not moving...I'm perfectly happy with the way my coverage is TODAY in the divested markets and I don't want to see them change hands.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information