Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alltel/AT&T divested markets

That's probably what I will do since I really don't want to go to Verizon. I keep hoping that the FCC will make some kind of announcement any day and that I can get my phone to hold out that long. Also I hear rumors of an Android phone coming to Alltel so I'm waiting to see if that happens also since I love my brother-in-laws HTC Eris.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The following is like a poorly written piece of code with way too many goto statements and do loops in it but please see if you can follow it (or maybe just ignore it and save your sanity LOL)

Sorry to ask what may be a foolish question , but one of the main reasons I really don't want to deal with VZ any more is there frustrating marketing scheme of charging for every little thing. However, the idea that they ask me to pay for every little thing unless I modify my phone (did that with an E815 so I could use the memory card) seems to be less an issue with LTE
    I read somewhere about LTE and then this article (below) "says" that VZ plans to have LTE in all it's markets by 2013.

https://www.lte.vzw.com/AboutLTE/Ver...3/Default.aspx

and I am reasonably certain that I read the LTE would be difficult to implement and still cripple the capacity of phones. Therefore it might be difficult for VZ to offer LTE and cripple phones. (Or is that a huge incorrect presumption)

Next--
    One of the "fun" thinks that intrigued me about AT&T was that they were going to "supposedly" offer 4G (don't' ask me for a cite because I don't remember where I read that).

Am I wrong (which can EASILY be the case) :blush: in that LTE is more robust than 4G? Not to start a war of incalculable magnitude, but it VZ 'were' to offer LTE at about the same price as AT&T's 4G, would there be much of a reason to choose one over the other?

Is LTE even viable for Montana?

I'm gonna hate myself for saying this, but with the advent and immanent implementation of LTE is AT&T really going to be that much of a step up for consumers? Or is it more of a consumer's choice of vendor argument?

If these questions are of no relevance to the discussion please let me know and I will happily go back to lurking :doh:

Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There isn't even a standardized voice over LTE solution yet, and if AT&T chooses the HSPA+ path like T-Mobile, they can get LTE speeds (but not the efficiency) without going to LTA. HSPA+ is a better choice, to be honest, for rural markets and save LTE for the cities. It's a choice AT&T potentially has. Verizon doesn't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for that information. I have to admit that I didn't understand much of it, LOL but it gives me more fuel in my self determination to leave Verizon when AT&T arrives.

Thanks again.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Except Verizon is deploying LTE in the 700 band which is a better choice for rural markets.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information