Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alltel/AT&T divested markets

The goverment should not be able to blow past the time frame because it is not fair to all the people that are waiting to go to AT&T or Alltel customers that will be going to Verizon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree 100% but there isn't much we can do other than vote out the current regime at the next election.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am an Alltel divested customer from Rapid City South Dakota who moved last month to Las Vegas. Alltel said that I will stay Alltel and that I will keep my 605 area code. I would like to get a 702 area for las vegas though since I deal with people in sales and it would be better to have a local number. In the past I have used prepaid phones and auto forwarding 800 numbers to acquire a local phone number. These are both unreliable choices and quite frankly a huge pain in the ***. I feel that I should be given the option to be given a 702 area code or cancel my contract. Have you guys heard of anybody else with this problem, or how I go about getting a phone number with my new area code.

Also, I am using my blackberry for internet, tethered to my netbook 20-24 hrs as day. Is this going to make a different since i am roaming in an area that is not Alltel anymore? I have not had any extra charges on my bill, but I don't want to have them cancel my contract in the middle of the night with no notice. I have heard they will cancel you for being out of your normal contract area after so long or after so much usage.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alltel cannot give out a Las Vegas number because
    they do not own any spectrum or local exchanges in the 702 area code.
    It may be possible to get a 775 number though, the other NV area code.

If you really want a Las Vegas number,
    it may be best to sign up for Google Voice,
    and set it up to forward all calls to your 605-area code Alltel number.

I'm in South Carolina (864) and already have a Las Vegas
    Google Voice number (702-518-xxxx),
    as well as a New Jersey 609 number.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stick with your number till the merger finishes out. No one cares about your area code. If you go to att Im sure you will have the option to change to a 702 when your an att customer. If your an ATNI port out to Verizon if you must have a local number.
    The closest NV number if your becoming att would be Caliente Nevada, ATNI an Idaho number.

You wont get a 702 number from Alltel. Alltel was never licensed in Clark County,which is the only area that has the 702 area code. There are still divested Alltel markets in Nevada in White Pine (Ely) and Elko counties. You could get a 775 area code number from Alltel based in one of these markets. Your best bet if you have to have a 702 number is Google Voice.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There's this thing called google voice. Commercial alternatives are ringcentral, etc... though ringcentral support has been really sucking lately. At least thats the word on the net. ymmv

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Man I can't believe there's no update on this yet. I figured once the ATNI deal went through it would just be a matter of a week or two. Guess I was wrong. I wish the Tribe here in South Dakota would stop holding this deal up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just yesterday, AT&T filed a final commitment letter with the FCC. http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/docume...?id=7020469884

This letter basically says "here's what we'll do to address all remaining concerns" - the FCC doesn't have to accept this, but usually these letters are written after much communication with the FCC and a very good understanding of what they want to see...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That wimpy letter from AT&T commits them to do nothing of substance except for the build out of the HSPA network on the Pine Ridge Reservation within 12 months. Given AT&T's record that would amount to a miracle. Where I live AT&T purchased a fully built-out network from Dobson which closed November 2007. This is May 2010 and AT&T still has not put up HSPA--and this is a university town.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information