Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Env3 full flash how to (VX9200)

I have been searching all over to find a tutorial on this and haven't been able to find one. I actually figured it out. I am sharing this so those who actually search for solutions can find it. Per HOFO rules, we are not allowed to provide the software to successfully flash this phone. So don't ask me. If you do some searching the apps/files are fairly easy to find. Here a go:

What you need:

1) LG drivers/USB cables
    2) LGNPST LAB version. Store version WILL NOT work.
    3) VX9200 dll for LGNPST
    3) Bitpim
    4) WinHEx

Step 1:

Install the drivers for the phone. Hook up the phone to your usb port.

Step 2:

open bitpim and use the phone wizard to manually set the phone to vx9100. Go to Browser>> filedb and save it to your desktop. LEAVE THE FILE NAME THE SAME.

Step 3:

Open the filedb in WinHex and go all the way to the bottom where you see 30 and make it 31. Click on save as to save the file. This is so you have a copy of it in the event you need to rewrite the original filedb back to the phone.

Step 4:

Open bitpim again and set the phone manually to VX9100 again and overwrite the filedb with the edited one.

Step 5:

Open the LGNPST Lab version and the phone will show up. Choose the 9200 dll and then click on phone settings. Now Click on READ.

Click on the MMS link.

Where it says MMSC Server name put in: http://mms.mycricket.com
    Address for upload: 111111
    Send from Address: MDN Only

Click on the WAP link.

Change BOTH the primary and secondary URL's to wap.mycricket.com
    Change the password to cricket.
    I usually put the homepage on mine as www.google.com

Click on the Data Link

Set the MIP to SIP
    Set SIP NAI to "yourphonenumber"@mycricket.com
    Set Dun SIP NAI to "yourphonenumber"@mycricket.com
    Set the SIP password to cricket
    Set AN NAI (12) to "yourphonenumber"@mycricket.com
    Set AN Password A12 to cricket

Now click on write to phone. When that is complete, you can use the CDMA Workshop, QPST, QXDM, LGNPST, etc. to write the prl to the phone and set the nid/sid pairs.

I hope this tutorial is easy to understand. I like to give back to this forum. I have learned a lot.

I give credit to Steve Kice as his tutorial on the voyager was a big help in me getting this phone to fully flash. Also, Beezlewaxin for supplying me the dll's for the phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

whippin em out eh

just keep em coming man

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much Smitty68521. Keep up the good work. Very easy to follow.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smitty68521 knows his stuff, and is VERY helpful and VERY friendly, unlike over half of the members of this forum!!

Thanks Smitty68521!!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

these guides are only made for noobs that don't like to do work for themselves, so don't come here saying stuff when you are used to being spoon fed...the only reason guides like this have to be made is because noobs can't search, read and adapt on their own

there are countless LG guides, like this one, though no LG guide has been needed since berry made the vx9900 guide...that guide with a little searching, reading and work can walk you through any verizon LG phone...i used it to flash my first phone (vx8100) and it was a breeze, even though the interface with LG Download was much different between the 8100 plugin and the 9900 plugin...i just adapted what berry said and did a little trial and error

the only reason that long-time contributing members get annoyed and are what you call rude, is because they are tired of making everything so easy for you to follow only to be asked questions that are answered in multiple places usually by the same guy being asked all the damned questions

give smitty a while and he too will become annoyed with the nonsense of noob laziness

so, before you come here with some attitude about the "rudeness" of long-time contributing members, think about how you are going to search, read, work out solutions, be self-sufficient, and give back to the community

so many people expect that everything is to be handed to them, and they are right...that's why we post it in the forums...but if you cannot find the information that is freely given to you from others' hard work, then don't be upset when you ask us about posted information and we 'give you the finger'

example:
    i was doing my first Glyde today...i had never seen one before today...i had trouble with the settings reverting even on the BI29 firm

so, what did i do? i messed with it through trial and error until i got the phone flashed

what did i not do? i did not come on hofo and post another thread about "how do i get my glyde to work"

just fyi - here is a quick search of threads in the cricket boards that have the word "glyde" in the title
    http://howardforums.com/search.php?s...801646&q=glyde

now you tell me why we need 15 threads on the glyde...obviously some people are not even reading the STICKY posts which suggest that you postin an existing thread if you have a question or problem

tell me, how many of you new people have actually read the rules??? any STICKY other than a guide???

that's what i thought...so, expect the attitude when you ask nonsense that is already answered

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will second Randomwit on that one. I don't mind helping someone out. But when it gets to the point you are actually flashing someone's phone for nothing and some on here are even looking to go into business for themselves because they read an ad somewhere selling the software that tells them they can become millionaires flashing cell phones.

I started this a year and a half ago. It is a very rewarding trade but it takes a lot of work and reading. Not to mention a few bricked phones to get to where you are confident on flashing a phone. This is by far the best forum in flashing available. The m-f is pretty good too if you are looking for the apps required to use these tutorials.

If you read my first post in this thread you will notice I did exactly what Randomwit said to do: I tried several methods before I got to the end result. This should help those that actually search.

There aren't a lot of solutions out there that need to be paid for. They are provided on here. The files are readily available for those who are willing to do what it takes to become a seasoned flasher.

NOTE: I fell for the ad too. I am not even close to that first million.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why mess with the file db? I havent had any problems just changing the settings in the wap tab.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was having problems with it reverting back after a power cycle. What did you do to make it stick without editing the filedb?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have searched, and no I'm not a newbie. Usually, I search more than needed for different files, etc., that I may need. I was just saying that smitty is very helpful.

Talk about being rude......You don't even know me, yet you judge my skills and intellect. Please don't insult me based on one thread. I wasn't even searching for the
    topic of this thread. Like I said before, it was just to show others how helpful smitty is.

As for most people being rude on here, I take that back based on what you said. I am new to this forum, but not phone flashing. I guess I didn't know how many newbs ask dumb questions. That's why I don't have many posts, because I do search for whatever it is I may need. So to the subject at hand, I apologize!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well it hasnt come back yet. I didnt verify anything tho. It was from one of our other stores, and usually if there is a problem they call and complain as soon as it happens. I guess we'll see, but it has already been about a week.

Ill def. check next time. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information